Hello Pit bull lovers! Greetings from South America!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello Pit bull lovers! Greetings from South America!

Postby michi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:21 am

Hello! My name is Michelle, I'm 33 years old, born in D.C. but currently living in Lima, Peru. I am fluent in english, obviously hehe, and spanish! So feel free to talk to me in either language ;) I currenly own 2 amazing dogs, Lisa and Napoleon. Lisa is an APBT and Napoleon is a Miniature Pinscher. I'll tell you all about them in a bit :-)

My first experience with a bully breed was Ibiza, a staffordshire bull terrier mix. She was amazing. Probably THE BEST dog I ever had. Sadly, she passed away last year. She was with me for 12 long years and everyone loved her. Not a day goes by where she isn't in my thoughts. But life goes on so I decided to get a new dog and instead of getting a staffy, I took the plunge and got an APBT.

Many of my friends and family weren't too keen on the idea of me getting a pit bull. I got the typical "are you crazy? aren't you afraid of them attacking you when they're older?" and "pit bulls can't be trusted around other animals, aren't you scared it will kill Napoleon?"

But you see, I'm not one to follow the crowd, be it human or dog. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I also believe that there is no such thing as a bad dog, just an irresponsible owner...so being as set as I am in my convictions, I brushed off the "advice" and set to prove everyone wrong and get myself a new best friend. I always wanted a pit bull, but the timing wasn't right.

Part of being a responsible dog owner is knowing when to get a dog and being able to provide for the breed's need. I have moved around so much since I was 18, have lived with roommates, worked crazy hours and jobs, loved partying and the likes...it would have been selfish to get a pit bull.

That being said, no offense to people who have and do all of the above, I'm sure some people can do it, and do it amazingly well. I knew I COULDN'T. I couldn't handle a big breed with so much going on. So I got a small dog, my delightful 6yr old Napoleon.

I am now finally settled, have a huge yard, no roommates, flexible schedule at work and financially stable enough to afford dog training, (which I encourage everyone to do, regardless of the breed) and the costs that having a big dog comes with :-)

Like I said earlier...I always wanted a pit. What I love about the breed is loyalty and affection. I love their physical beauty as well. They are truly mesmerizing and captivating, you can't help but notice them. Something about their presence that just grabs your attention. I'm SO happy I own one.

Lisa, my precious baby girl, is 4 months old. I think she is a silver fawn pit, not really sure because she isn't purebred. I am OBSESSED with her. She is everything I wanted and needed. Ever since I brought her home, she has been nothing but a pleasure. She plays well with my min pin, respects him when he doesn't want to play, or share his food. She "gets it." She regularly plays with my bf 4 month old staffy and it amazes me how, despite the staffy being dominant and sometimes aggressive with toys, she has NEVER retaliated. She simply drops the toy, or when the staffy snaps, she just runs away, lol.

My family and friends, the ones with all the warnings, are amazed at how calm and sweet she is...granted, and I'm bragging, lol, she already knows a couple of tricks like sit, down, drop it, bang, roll over and paw...and she learned most of them when she was 2 months old.

Feels great to see the look on their faces and an even BIGGER feeling is seeing that I am changing their negative views about this breed.

My plan for Lisa is to be my companion, along with Napoleon. I'm a very active person, so I have introduced her to a variety of my favorite sports, like swimming, running, and walks on the beach. Luckily, she loves water. We go to the beach every week and she plays in the pool every other day.

Well I hope this counts as a good introduction :-) I look forward to sharing my experiences and reading about yours!! Below are some pix of Lisa and Napoleon...and one of me :)

michi
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello Pit bull lovers! Greetings from South America!

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:48 am

Welcome! Awesome intro! You have 2 cute lil friends...

I'm on my phone currently, so I can't approve you at the moment.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby michi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 am

Hey! Thanks! Thats ok, I'm just browsing around and reading about how this site works :)

I used to live in fairfax, va ... couldn't help noticing you're from there ;)
michi
Newborn Bully

Postby PitBullMom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:46 am

Gah! The cuteness! It's killing me!

Welcome! That's an awesome intro! Do you ever come up this way to visit? I'm in Herndon.
PitBullMom
Newborn Bully

Postby michi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 am

thanks! actually i do from time to time! i'll be in VA in june. :thumbsup:
michi
Newborn Bully

Postby PitBullMom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 am

Awesome! We'll have to meet up for coffee or something.
PitBullMom
Newborn Bully

Postby michi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 am

that would be lovely!
michi
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:33 am

Apologies for the long wait!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions