Hello from Austin

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Austin

Postby oldstile » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:14 am

Hi,

I'm Nick from Austin. My wife and I adopted Bruce about 3 years ago when he was 5 months or so old. He was described as a catahoula/pointer mix when we got him. We didn't have much of an opinion good or bad about pit bulls at the time, and Bruce didn't have any features that necessarily looked pittie to us when he was younger, we just assumed he could've been anything hence a mix. But when he got older, everyone's first reaction is oh wow you have a pit bull, so we just went with it, and now we describe him as a catahoula/pointer/pit mix. I grew up with dogs, mostly labs, but Bruce is hands down the most energetic dog I have ever been around. His favorite sport is fetch, and in particular catching frisbees, which happens to also be my favorite thing to do with him. At night, we all curl up on the couch together.

So, as I said before, we didn't necessarily have an agenda for or against pit bulls when we started looking to adopt. But with all the amateur opinions that our dog is a pit, I've taken more interest in the breed's controversy and I'm still trying to learn more. I tend to ride the fence on issues and see things from both sides before getting too passionate.

But one strong opinion I do have, without having done too much homework, is against people purposely breeding any kind of dog in general. Money making businesses is obviously worse, but I just think too many dogs are reproducing naturally to where people shouldn't add to the problem. I don't think even "responsible" breeding businesses should be legal. I'm a bit amazed it isn't a bigger issue, or maybe it is and I'm just not seeing it.

I don't know how to post a pic of my dog.
oldstile
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Austin

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:57 am

:welcome: Thank you for adopting! Please check out all stickies around the forum prior to posting elsewhere. There are tons of info here. Here at PBF, we are a very pro rescue forum, but we do also support and understand the need for responsible ethical breeders. In the Rescue and General sections, you will find a couple of stickies that touch on this.

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions