Hello from Cyprus

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Cyprus

Postby pitboulis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Hello to all!

My name is Fanos. I am a Greek Cypriot, living on the island of Cyprus, in the Mediterranean. (You probably heard the name of the island recently, since our "friends" stole some 10 billion Euros from our Banks.)

I am 55 years old and I am lecturing and writing - unfortunately not about dogs. I have a 5-year old brown Dobermann Pincher who has been 3 years till now Champion of Cyprus. I am posting a photo of his when he was a 7 month-old puppy and got his first prize. Sirius, my Dobermann now lives on a friend's farm, as he will be used for reproduction. Before Sirius I had an English Bulldog, Plato, who died, unfortunately, when he was 3 years old. Before Plato I had a German Shepherd, Jason, who died when he was 8 years old; till that age, he shared the house with me (I was single then).

I always wanted to have the company of a dog, and I decided to get a pit bull. I decided on a red nose fawn bully, whom I took when he was 7 weeks old. Now he is 10 weeks old. These 3 weeks we are inseparable and he has proven to be one of the most responsive, kind, loving dogs I have had!

He has learned without any pressure to sit and wait "OK" for his food, although he is always hungry and would eat anything. He has learned to "Sit" and "Stay" and then "Come"... as much as a 10-week old puppy would learn.

I have researched the breed a lot, the history, the rights and wrongs, and this forum has been the most informative and helpful source I have found on the Internet. In fact, it is this forum that, at the end, made me take the decision and not get, instead, an Amstaff or another Dobermann.

I think I have made the right decision. Boulis is an amazing dog and, in fact, he has a Facebook page where he writes almost every day. (I never cared to have one, but I think it cured his excessive barking - the desire for expression.) You can see his pictures (and read his thoughts) on "Boulis.Piterson" on Facebook.

ooops! I am not sure I know how to post a photo, so I will leave that for later.
pitboulis
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Cyprus

Postby pitboulis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 pm

So, here are the pictures, as promised, from "Image Shack".

The first three of "Boulis" are when I got him, so at 7 weeks, and the last one a few days ago, so at almost 10 weeks!

pitboulis
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Cyprus

Postby Leslie H » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions