Hey everyone

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hey everyone

Postby Ralph92 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:23 am

Hi, I'm Ralph. I'm 20 years old and currently live in South Carolina. I am not married, but I live with my girlfriend and her best friend (who's boyfriend just left for USMC boot camp. I leave for boot camp in September. I am a lifelong dog owner, with my favorite breed being pitbulls, however I am really just an animal lover. I recently moved where I was allowed to have dogs again, so I now have an 11 week old female pit/lab mix named Georgia (the gf's dog) and a 5 week old male pit/bull mastiff mix named Zeus (mine). I also own a chihuahua, a cat, and a bearded dragon.

I love all animals but have always been drawn most to dogs, specifically pits. This seems like a rather imformative forum so I'll be around. Nice to meet ya all :)
Ralph92
Newborn Bully

Re: Hey everyone

Postby Curly_07 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 am

Welcome! Just curious if you know a few things: it is illegal to home/sale dogs under 8 weeks of age due to very critical things they learn being with the whole litter and mom until 8 weeks. If possible, it is advised to return the pup to its litter until 8 weeks of age. Also, if you are just joining, you will not be eligible to live off base unless you are married or have time in rate. Military bases have banned pit bull breed dogs. What do you plan to do with the dogs when you deploy, are required to live in the barracks and such? Are you also aware of the extra training and such you will need to do for this puppy since it was pulled so early?

Apologies if I come of rude. I'm a military veteran and also see pets daily that get dumped because of military members not realizing they WILL deploy and that certain dog breeds are banned on base. The responsible thing to do is wait until you can live off base, are on your last tour with no possibility of deployment....or until you get out.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Ralph92 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:18 am

Thanks for the information. we are planning to be married before I ship out. Also I know he's young. I work at a scrap yard, and a customer had some puppies, said if nobody took them in the next day or two he'd drown them. I was tempted to take them all but I settled for saving one. He has been nursing off my neighbor's cane corso though and being bottle fed.
Ralph92
Newborn Bully

Postby haranka » Sat May 11, 2013 5:56 am

welcome ralph 8)
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Curly_07 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:08 am

Just realized I missed you the other day when I came back through. Apologies for the wait!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions