intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

intro

Postby roxiesocks » Sun May 12, 2013 10:48 am

Hi, My name is Stacie Elliott and my pit bull's name is Low-Jo. I live in Oregon and Las Vegas alternately, but will soon be permanently in Vegas as a middle school teacher. I got my Low-Jo at the city "pound" in Vegas about 1 1/2 yrs ago, and she is estimated to be around 4 years old now. She was very unstable when I got her, and I went through a crash course in dog psychology and all sorts of dog training philosophies. There were times when I didn't think I would be able to keep her, especially because I was afraid she would kill my 3 cats. But perseverance and lots of attention has paid off for us, she is pretty much fine with the cats now. I will always rescue and "fix" my pets, but that is a personal choice and I don't judge responsible breeders or buyers. I have researched pit bull aggression and I feel that pit bull owners who rescue their dogs need to be extra careful with their dogs so that we don't perpetrate the stigma. To me this means training, close observation, positive reinforcement, and using common sense. My dog is reactive to other dogs, so I constantly work with her on that, and am VERY careful with her. I love pit bulls above any other dog breed, but I believe not everyone is cut out to be an owner of this powerful terrier with its strong natural prey drive. I look forward to discussing my love of dogs with others on this forum.
roxiesocks
Newborn Bully

Re: intro

Postby Curly_07 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Welcome! Thank you for adopting and sticking with it thru difficult times. I hope you enjoy it here!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: intro

Postby Curly_07 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:06 am

Sorry for the wait!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions