hello from Mog, Casper and Splash

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hello from Mog, Casper and Splash

Postby mogula » Mon May 20, 2013 1:18 am

Hi everyone, I'm Mog. I'm 21. Originally from Poland, but relocated with my family to the Pocono Mountains in PA 6 years ago. I'm an animal lover, and I've always wanted a dog and never had one... until one day 3 years ago my friend took me with him to help him pick out a dog from a local shelter. I've been very lonely here, since being extremely shy is not helpful with making new friends, and I've thought about a dog before, but I certainly wasn't there to get a dog. One look at a goofy pitbull face though, and I knew I'm not leaving without that dog. I signed the papers that same day, and picked him up after neutering a couple of days later. He climbed over seats, and rode in my lap licking my face. He didn't leave my side for a second for the first few months. Hard not to fall in love with that.
That's how I got my first pit-type mutt Casper.

He was not the best choice for a first dog: found as a stray, emaciated, terrified of humans and especially men, with so many quirks I can't even begin to name them... but we've learned a lot together and I've tried to do my research as best I could. He's older and calmer now, getting more confident without me around, and completely bulletproof around kids, he pretends to be a tough guy.

A year ago I got another kinda-rescue - Splash. I got him from a friend's friend, who wasn't paying attention to him very much and left him with his roommates as he went around doing his own thing. Wasn't a very good decision. From what I've heard, Splash has been fed LSD, and when I got him he was covered in elephant-sized ticks and probably motor oil, he was bit too skinny, had Lyme disease and threw up a gigantic ball of worms the size of a pencil. Not a pretty sight.

More than a handful at first, after getting his health under control and neutering, he came around to be an extremely intelligent and loving member of the family.

I love my boys to death. We love watching TV together (Splash's favorite is Pit Bull and Parolees) and going on adventures in the area (which have been rare lately, with not enough hours in a day for work, school and play - forget about sleep).

I'm a biology major at a local university, love all things science. I have 3 cichlid fish tanks in my room. I also love horseback riding, hiking, photography, and reading and writing.

I would love to 'spy' on other Pitbull lovers, and talk to people who understand the incredible experience of loving - and learning from - those wonderful dogs.
mogula
Newborn Bully

Re: hello from Mog, Casper and Splash

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon May 20, 2013 10:08 am

:welcome: What a great intro! I love Splash-he's so stunning. :inlove:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby mogula » Mon May 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Thank you :)
Splash is a looker.... and has the sweetest personality ever :) He's lucky because that's what made me take him in and put up with his running away, mayhem and destruction until I figured out how to get along, even though my parents wanted me to drop him off at a pound immediately. Boy, did I have to fight for that dog. Now he's my dad's best buddy.
mogula
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:40 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions