Hello!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello!

Postby pearly » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi, my name is Claire and this is my pit, Pearl.

I have had her for almost two months now. She is an awesome dog and I am completely in love with her, but she's really high maintenance! She is 7 years old, deaf, overweight, heart worm positive, has food allergies and a so-far undiagnosed skin problem, and just had a malignant skin tumor removed last week. She is the sweetest, most loyal dog I've ever known. She goes everywhere with me, responds well to the sign language I've taught her, and is always winning hearts with her constantly wagging tail and endless kisses. And she has that awesome pit smile (see above).

I guess I mostly joined this forum for support, because I'm a broke college student working two jobs and sometimes caring for Pearl is a bit overwhelming (mostly in the financial sense). I've been looking for a new apartment and it seems like none of the places I can afford allow pits, and aren't at all polite about telling me so. My aunt and cousins are coming over for dinner tomorrow, and I've been told my aunt won't allow my young cousins to be in the same room as Pearl just because of her breed. She has had nothing but good interactions with children and has never been aggressive toward anyone, as far as I know. It's really frustrating because if she was a different breed but behaved exactly the same way, I'm sure everyone would love her and would think she was a great family dog--which she is.

Anyway, I'lm sorry for the rant but I thought y'all might be able to understand. I'm looking forward to being here. :cheers:
pearly
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello!

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:31 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions