Hello everyone :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello everyone :)

Postby MarshallGibson » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce us here very briefly. My name is Dennis and I'm the doggy daddy of our pitbull Chili. We just got Chili not too long ago (about 3 weeks ago) from a friend of my gf. Chili was abandoned and let loose, you're probably saying to yourself "how!? Why would anyone abandon her! She's beautiful!" And indeed she is, she is very silly, funny and adorable.

Well you see, when she came into our home she was a little shy and untrained to go potty outside. That was half the battle but she picked it up VERY fast. I will say an accident here and there (mainly when we're not home or some doesn't listen to her), but otherwise she has picked it up nicely.

So after she felt comfortable with that it was time to teach her name; clicker in hand, food on the other and down to her level. Click feed, click feed (went on for about 10-15 Xs) with no results, did that for a good week straight and no response from her.

Then I started to think and replay her demeanor, heavy sleeper, non responsive to whistle, claping my hands, loud music, outside dogs that bark at her or anyone's arrival. Not even an ear twitch, BUT sometimes she'll look at me when I tell her "wait" or clap! I still thinks she's deaf tho. But anyway, I still am not sure if she's a Staffordshire or American Staffordshire can anyone share any features that can pinpoint her especific breed?

This is her ッ

Also I read that she could have puppies, and that just because she's deaf that doesn't make it bad breeding because just like it can happen in any litter (a fluke) and have a deaf puppy from two hearing dogs.
MarshallGibson
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello everyone :)

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:57 am

:welcome: Please do not listen to that advice on breeding. It is very irresponsible to breed any dog that is born with "defects". You also shouldn't be looking to breed a rescue dog with no known history/lineage. I loved the first part of your post, and you seem very level headed and I'm hoping a little bit of educating is all you need :) I'm going to post some links for you to read up on dealing with breeding...the when to/why to/why not/etc. Please take the time to read them. I'm going to approve you so that you can participate elsewhere, especially the deaf doggy threads we have.

Breeder Code of Ethics: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49670

Wanting to Breed: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140551

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions