Greetings from Brooklyn, NY

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings from Brooklyn, NY

Postby SatyMonroe » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Hello all! :hi

My name is Zynthia, I am the proud mama of 2 two legged boys and 1 four legged boy. We adopted Gambit from the NYCACC "death row" about 3 weeks ago now. He is a super sweet boy with a few issues to work on (but seriously who doesn't have a few). We are looking forward to getting to know some other pit bull lovers as we have come across a lot of push back about adopting one, especially with our kids in the house.

And in case we have any other marvel geeks in the crowd, his new dog tag came in today. :nana:

SatyMonroe
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings from Brooklyn, NY

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Welcome! He's sooo handsome!! Thank you for adopting and opening your home to a deserving dog. You're in the right place to learn. Your children also look a little older, which is great as they do better with pets than smaller/younger children. I hope you enjoy it here! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby SatyMonroe » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks so much for the welcome. We originally planned for the boys to be another year or 2 older, but we saw him being posted by the rescues local to us and we ran for him. We're of course always present when they're interacting with him but so far he's been a total doll with them very gentle and if he does get too rough he responds quickly to us telling him to back off. I only work part time so I've been trying to get involved more in the rescue/shelter scene here in NYC. It's absolutely heartbreaking how many dogs, but esp pits, get put down every day.

We're on the hunt for a trainer now. We had one recommended to us by someone we thought was a good reference but they brought out the pinch collar right away to deal with his dog aggression and while that might work, I was partially traumatized by the end of it so I only imagine how he felt. We're looking for someone who does reward based training near us now to see if we can tackle the issue that way first.
SatyMonroe
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Welcome!

If you haven't heard of Ella's Lead, you should look them up. They're huge fans of pitbulls AND marvel!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby SatyMonroe » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:27 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:Welcome!

If you haven't heard of Ella's Lead, you should look them up. They're huge fans of pitbulls AND marvel!

You just made my husband and I's night! They have a collar based on the X-Men Gambit character. :wow Thank you!
SatyMonroe
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:38 am

Hey, until my husband lets me buy one, I'm happy to spread my collar addiction around!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 pm

What are your hopes for dealing with hIs dog aggression? What are you expecting? Usually if you post your location (not in the intro section-in the general-intro doesn't get a lot of traffic) there are some members here who can recommend a good trainer near you. Most people here advocate positive reinforcement vs positive punishment-so it'll likely be along the lines of what you and your family are looking for.

Good luck on you journey and be sure to share more pictures when you get a chance.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Goodness...I don't know how I missed you the other day when I did approvals. Apologies!!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions