Hello

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello

Postby Elvis2012 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi, my name is Shannon and I am the married "mom" of Elvis. We live in West Texas where it is either good and hot or good and hot...not too much changes here. Elvis is our third pit. Actually he is a pit/mastiff cross and carries a lot of both DNA in his appearance and behavior.

Our first pit was Makayla, and she was a rescue that we took on and she stayed with us until her passing seventeen years ago. Our next pit was Bubba, and like Makayla he was a rescue, only in his case, he was used as a bait dog since he was the runt of the litter. A neighbor witnessed a baiting one evening and late that night, she jumped the fence, called animal control, who then called me to take him since I had already expressed an interest in taking a pit. Bubba was a beautiful brindle who lived for another six years and died of old age, I was devastated. My interest in pits had to do with their reputation and then after researching them, I felt as though they were misrepresented in a bad way, and so I went out of my way to volunteer with rescue groups, a local vet....basically anyone who would have me so that I could learn about them and be prepared to foster one. I no longer foster as finances have changed, but I do have Elvis, who will be a year old in October. I brought him home at eight weeks old, he is the first that I have had that I will be the only family he will know.

We do not participate in any events, but he is trained in obedience, off leash commands, and right now, his favorite game is fetch, which we play with two sticks because he has so much energy that the moment he brings one back he is ready to go again. Elvis loves the water, and any chance we can get him to the lake, he is always the first one in and the last one out. He is not people friendly, nor is he people aggressive, he just prefers to stay within his pack, and he will accept anyone we do, we just have a strict 'no touch' policy with him.

Elvis has a 'step mom,' her name is Pita, and she is a 7 year old chihuahua. In my house, we do live as a pack and Elvis is at the bottom of the pecking order, right behind the cat but he seems to be good with that and life is pretty well balanced.

I am looking forward to learning more and getting to know others, thanks for letting me ramble on!
Elvis2012
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions