A little bit about my pup and I

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

A little bit about my pup and I

Postby respect-a-bull » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello,

My name is Aubry and I am from Monterey California. I am a pitbull lover. Always have been. My obsession started when I was a kid. My mom and dad bred and trained purple ribbon red nose APBTs. I am joining to learn from and hopefully meet local pitbull lovers and owners. I own a 9 month old blue nose brindle female named Remy.
respect-a-bull
Newborn Bully

Re: A little bit about my pup and I

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:50 pm

What are your future goals with the breed? Do you breed as well or plan on breeding? Did you know that PR has no real value, and that "blue" and "red" nose does not depict a specific type of "pit bull", it only describes the color of the dogs actual nose. These terms are things that backyard breeders use to make their dogs sound special.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby respect-a-bull » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:32 pm

According to the UKC, "Purple Ribbon" is a distinction UKC gives to a dog if all 14 ancestors within a dog's three generation pedigree (parents, grandparents, great grandparents) are each registered with United Kennel Club.

Purple Ribbon is indicated by the letters “PR” at the beginning of a dog’s name and also by a comma (,) instead of a dash (-) within the dog’s UKC number.

In order to receive a complete Seven Generation pedigree (showing 254 ancestors), the dog’s parents must both be registered as Purple Ribbon. A Six Generation pedigree for the dog that was not produced by Purple Ribbon parents may have some “Open” entries depending on the availability of pedigree information on record with UKC."

My parents were breeders and trainers during the 80's and late 90's. I only mentioned this in my introduction to the forum to explain where my obsession began. I have self-taught knowledge on the breed and cannot wait to learn more about genetics and dog behavior in general. I am in the process of becoming a Humane Officer in Monterey County. I do not plan on breeding but I do plan on owning a play mate for Remy by mid-2014, and in the future, adding to my bully family. :)
respect-a-bull
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm aware of all that :) my point was that PR has no real value in breeding. As in if there are no other titles on the parents than only having PR, it is not a valid reason to breed. There is a really good thread here on breeding located at the top of the Adoption thread. Maybe that would help explain more of what I meant.

Anyway, welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. There are tons of info here on genetic and blood lines, and maybe you can even add to those. I'll try and get on my computer shortly to approve you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2 [url='http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10']now Free[/url]
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 pm

This is the thread I was speaking of. Since you don't plan to breed, this is more of just informational material for you.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49670

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions