New to the forum

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New to the forum

Postby BooneandCaroline » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Hello, me and my fiance have two Pits that just turned one. We're from upstate NY and both in our 20s. They are both of our first of the bully family. I never wanted to be the owner of a pit bull, but everyday I don't see myself owning another breed as each day passes.As many others have, I assumed that all bully breeds were aggressive animals who only wanted to attack every person and animal insight, I couldn't have been more wrong.Boone and Caroline are brother and sister from the same litter. Even though they are brother and sister they couldn't be more different. Boone is a male who is white with patches of brindle, while Caroline is a fawn color. Their personalities are pretty different as well, Boone is more hyper and has a much bolder personality, while Caroline is laid back. Boone has a slight case of fear aggression towards people but loves animals, while Caroline would lick everyone to death if she could, but is very submissive to other animals. Boone has had a lot of health issues, chemical burns in his mouth, ear infections, yeast infections, and most recently a partial cruciate tear. While Caroline has had no heath issues, knock on wood.As much as they are different we love them both equally, with all their silly habits along with their annoying ones.It has been a pretty crazy first year with them, I am pretty happy with the training, skills, and tricks they have learned. Deep down I wish Boone didn't have fear aggression, furthering peoples premeditated assumptions of the bully breed. It has been a little hard to work on training them in anyway with Boone's tear, he is going in for surgery soon. After his recovery we will try to get back on track with their training and diminish this behavior.
BooneandCaroline
Newborn Bully

Re: New to the forum

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Welcome! I hope you find this forum a useful place in which you can bounce around ideas and find help for both the health and behavior struggles you're trudging through.

:modwelcomeonly1:
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Return to Introductions