Newbie mom - rescue pittie

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Newbie mom - rescue pittie

Postby Carsons Mom » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi there,

I just signed up to the forum, we currently have a male golden retriever and a female presa canario, and have just rescued a male pittie (approx 1.5 - 2 yr). We live in Canada and drove a 900 mile round trip to the US to pick him up (in one night). Carson (his new name) was in a high kill shelter in Carson, CA - a wonderful canadian woman rescued him, set him up in a kennel and put him up for adoption. He was literally hours from being euthanized. Anyhow we were the lucky ones to be chosen to be his new parents. :-)

Right now he is about 20 - 25 lb underweight, with pressure points on his front legs, hind legs and ears, also his tail is 1/4 rubbed off. It is more then clear this dog has never lived in a house (zero manners, easily excited) and Carson doesn't even know how to play. But boy, is this dog sweet....he doesn't care about his past, only where he is now...and he is very willing to please (lots of kisses and the softest eyes). We have a long way to go with his rehab, but I believe he will be worth it!
Carsons Mom
Newborn Bully

Re: Newbie mom - rescue pittie

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Welcome, fellow Canadian! Thanks for rescuing! Can you tell us a bit more about yourself? Here's a sample intro:

http://ww.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Carsons Mom » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:54 am

Hi again,

Okay. - I'm 45 years young, married, reside in Edmonton Alberta (Canada). We have been looking to add to our pack (presa canario and golden retriever). We decided to rescue since there are so many pups in need of a new home. We love the bully breed and my husband had pitties in the past, so why not look into rescuing a pittie? This was not an impulse decision and we actually started looking to rescue back in September. We used a well know rescue website and was appalled to see hundreds of pittie/pittie x in high kill shelters. We knew we had to do our part, we saw Carson (AKA Blue) through a canadian rescue that sponsored dogs in the US which were on death row. So, here we are with Carson under our roof, he is adorable and we cannot wait to get him back to full health (he's at least 20lbs under weight).

We are outdoor people (wether permitting) and cannot wait til we are hiking in the mountains, camping, all the fun outdoor activities with our pack!

I would like to post some before pics of Carson but do not know how, this dog obviously hasn't had a happy past but his present in future are sure to make up for it!
Carsons Mom
Newborn Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:12 pm

Carsons Mom wrote:

I would like to post some before pics of Carson but do not know how, this dog obviously hasn't had a happy past but his present in future are sure to make up for it!

Welcome! I use photobucket.com to store my photos, then copy and paste the links to the forum. The website is slower than it used to be, but still simple to use.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Thank you! And welcome to you! Using photo bucket or a similar website is an easy way to share pictures or you can download the Tapatalk mobile app and upload right from your phone.

:modwelcomeonly1:
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Return to Introductions