New from Miami, FL

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New from Miami, FL

Postby fc321 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi There!

This is my new dog, a 4 year old Pittbull mix. I think he is a pittbull mix. I will actually post in a different thread to get opinions on that

fc321
Newborn Bully

Re: New from Miami, FL

Postby fc321 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Here is my new buddy, 65lb. His name is Paco:

I got him at the Animal Shelter and he is Heartworm positive. He is taking the medications now to recover and he had an upper respiratory infection on Jan 15th but he has recovered from that.

He was adopted in Jan and then returned back to the shelter for reasons unknown.

He was on the list to be Euthanized and I saved him from the grave. He will make a fine watchdog and alert dog. He is hyper vigilent and appears very distrusting of humans.

Poor guy must have been abused also because he was so scared he didnt even want to leave his kennel cage, they had to drag him out even to go pee-pee

And when I finished adopting him he was too timid to even get in my backseat and 2 staff members had to hoist him in.

But today is Day 2 and he is laying next to me as I work on the computer all day and he allows me to pet him and licked my hand.

I think he instinctively knows I dont intend to hit him or abuse him. He is my first pitbull and I have owned hound dogs until 2 months ago my 14 year old hound passed away.
fc321
Newborn Bully

Postby fc321 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:48 pm

I would like to add that in Miami, FL that Pittbulls are illegal and you are not allowed to adopt them unless you live in Broward county (the next county over) which is 45 minutes away.

The only reason I am able to adopt this guy is because he is a mutt and appears to be less than 75% blood of a Pittbull. That is the standard they use here.
fc321
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Welcome to the forum.
:modwelcomeonly2:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Return to Introductions