Another Pit Newb here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Another Pit Newb here

Postby FitzBull » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:09 pm

After doing TONS of research (semi ignoring the horrendous aspects of the breeds), and having had experience with intelligent and energetic dogs in the past, I felt safe to own an American Pit Bull Terrier, and boy am I having a blast with her! Along with the rest of the family :)

Any tips or suggestions for the training would be very welcome and appreciated, I have experience with German Shepherds and Doxies, but that's about all I've had until now. Which, btw, we have a 3yr old doxie along with our pit :) They do certainly love to play!
FitzBull
Newborn Bully

Re: Another Pit Newb here

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon May 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi Fitz,
We ask that all of our new members fill out an intro post similar to the one in the link below before they're given full access to the site. If you're not interested in posting privileges you don't have to do one, you can just lurk. (we encourage it though :) )

viewforum.php?f=17

The biggest tip I can give you is to know that your dog might get to an age where it doesn't like the company of other dogs. The severity of DA has a wide range, and your dog may never show signs of it-but it's important to know that it's a possibility. It's a possibility with any dog, but I believe more so with PB type dogs.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Return to Introductions