New to the forum.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New to the forum.

Postby mrwiseacre » Thu May 08, 2014 12:36 am

Hello, my name is Justin, I am 40 and have five sons ranging from 9 - 23 years old. We adopted a rescue pitbull three weeks ago after several months of breed research and searching for the right rescue dog. We wanted to rescue due to the staggering number of bully breed dogs that are destroyed every day. We have two Boston Terriers who are 6 and 5 years old and thoroughly enjoy them as a breed. We adopted a thirteen week old male pitbull pup who we since named Reuben. He is remarkably smart and energetic - but tends to want to be the dominant one in then house and can be very stubborn when there is no treat involved. He is taking puppy obedience classes, and learned quickly to ring a bell to go out to go potty. I enjoy running and hiking and look forward to working with him in both. He has been on a few short runs and when he is a little older I will start working with him carrying a backpack. I consider it my responsibility to raise an ambassador for the breed through dedicated training and socialization.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
mrwiseacre
Newborn Bully

Re: New to the forum.

Postby mrwiseacre » Thu May 08, 2014 7:40 am

Oops - looks like I posted my introduction twice and I'm not sure how to delete one of them.
mrwiseacre
Newborn Bully

Re: New to the forum.

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu May 08, 2014 8:01 am

Hi Justin, :welcome: to the forum. You might be interested in poking around in the training section, or creating your own thread to see if there are other options of training your pup if you don't want to use a treat. Also-you might find some interesting reads in the behavior section on dominance.

:modwelcomeonly3:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Return to Introductions