soon to be pitbull owner

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

soon to be pitbull owner

Postby vega » Tue May 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Hello!
Im excited to be getting my 1st pitbull tomorrow. Im adopting him, hes 2 years old and brindle. Ive owned dogs in the past also bully breed but Boston Terriers. Im happy to be on forum.

A few questions any notable toys i should pick up or any reasonably priced dog foods i should be looking for? Any help is appreciated.
vega
Newborn Bully

Re: soon to be pitbull owner

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 am

Hi vega,
We ask that all our new members post an intro similar to this one viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
before they're given full access to the site.

As far as toys, my dogs really like the Kong products (and I do too because they last). We have a bunch of interactive toys-a lot of people call them WTE (work to eat) toys. We used to also be big fans of (deer) antlers, but both of my dogs are getting older and their teeth aren't as stong...once our girl had to have 5 teeth removed we stopped buying them. One of my favorite places to shop is chewy.com-they have a lot of good deals.

As far as food-that's going to depend on budget and your dog. There are a couple dog food advisory type websites out there-I'd shoot for a food that's 5 or 6 stars if you can. Also, there are quite a few people who feed raw-and there's a ton of info on this forum about it, if it's something you're interested in. I'll try to find the links to the dog food advisory sites that are often recommended.

ETA: Here's one of them: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Return to Introductions