Greetings!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings!

Postby KerriLynnW » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:31 am

Hey everyone! My name is Kerri and my husband and I currently reside in Houston, TX with our three pups and one foster. The first dog that I ever adopted was a 85 pound Staffordshire Pit mix named Gnarly. I saw him in the shelter and he looked so sad and lonely, and honestly quite intimidating so I wasn't sure if they'd ever be able to find him a home. So he became mine. When his time here was up, we continued to grow as a pit family by adding two more. <3 I had always loved the pit bull breed and was never interested in any other breeds. I always thought that they were the most beautiful dogs that I had ever seen and I loved how loyal and loving that they always are, no matter what situation they have been forced to endure. They are my passion and I don't think I could ever own another breed. My husband has recently become out of work and we took this as a sign that it's time to start helping a local shelter that takes mostly bully breeds and tries to find them good homes. We are currently fostering a beautiful pitty named Strax that has warmed our hearts. We take every chance that we have to educate people on this breed and we have changed so many ignorant opinions about these dogs just by allowing people to spend time with our pack. They can be overwhelming at times, but you couldn't ask for better dogs. We have spent lots of time working with them and they always make us beam with pride at how well they listen and follow our instructions, especially in social situations where people expect them to act their stereotype. Anyhow, I could talk about my babies all day... here are some pictures! The mostly black one is our 3 year old, Jackson. The white one with one blue eye is our baby at 1 year old, Penny. Strax is our only brown boy at about a year old also. We have a border collie mix as well and she's our mama bear at almost 8 years old. <3 We love all of our rescue pups and are super excited to share their cuteness with ya'll!

KerriLynnW
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings!

Postby sunnygirl01 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:52 am

Cute family! Welcome to the forum.

I have a pit bull and a border collie too! Lol! My pit is 5 and my border collie is 15.... So I have a teenager and an old lady! Lol!

A moderator will be around eventually to give you access. Sometimes it takes a while but they are volunteers so bear with us.
sunnygirl01
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings!

Postby KerriLynnW » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:13 am

sunnygirl01 wrote:Cute family! Welcome to the forum.

I have a pit bull and a border collie too! Lol! My pit is 5 and my border collie is 15.... So I have a teenager and an old lady! Lol!

A moderator will be around eventually to give you access. Sometimes it takes a while but they are volunteers so bear with us.

Thanks! I know exactly how you feel! Even at 8, our border collie acts like such a grumpy old lady. That's why I have so few pics of her with the rest of the pack. She'd rather go lay in her kennel where they won't bother her. :) She also has hip dysplasia so we have to be very careful that their rough play doesn't hurt her.
KerriLynnW
Newborn Bully

Return to Introductions