Hello from Western NY

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Western NY

Postby gdettore » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Good Afternoon!
My name is Gwen and I live in a suburb of Rochester NY with my husband - Chris, step-son (on the weekends) - Austin, 2 dogs and a turtle.
Payton is my beautiful little pit/lab mix who we adopted from a local rescue and we figure she is a year old now. Sebastian is our 10 year old beagle and Squirt would be our 2 year old painted turtle. We just purchased an older pop up camper so the family (dogs included) can take weekend trips. We are also big NASCAR fans so the one race we can take the camper to a year unfortunately won't include the 4 legged kids. They get to spend the weekend with my in-laws.

It all started when we decided we wanted to add another dog to our family. I had been watching one of our local adoption/rescue agencies for months when I came across this picture and description, sent it to Chris and we decided we had to go see her that night.
We fell in love with her immediately. I was one that was very iffy about having a pit....had only heard what the media wanted to spew. I grew up with Miniature Schnauzers and Chris had Beagles and Golden Retrievers. But, we looked in her eyes then said we had to take her for a walk. She was so we behaved and wanted to please from day one. We looked at some others they had available, but we luckily took her home that night. It was the best decision we ever made.
Payton and Sebastian became immediate best friends. They play and sleep with each other. When we take one some where without the other...the one left behind looks so depressed. She is the most friendly little thing....loves everyone! She always goes to my sons little league games and sit or lays there like a good girl the entire time. The kids love to come over and pet her and she will roll to her back for belly rubs all day long from them.
I look forward to learning and sharing with everyone.
~ Gwen
I was going to put in more pictures but Photobucket just went down on me....more will come later!
gdettore
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Western NY

Postby Fervious » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Welcome fellow Gwen! I also just recently joined. I can't wait to see more of your dogs.
Fervious
Newborn Bully

Postby gdettore » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:40 pm

Finally got Photobucket to co-operate with me! Here are some more recent pictures of Payton.
This is one of my favorites....actually used it as a base for a picture I painted.
This is Payton, Austin and Sebastian posing for their Christmas picture in front of the tree.
gdettore
Newborn Bully

Postby gdettore » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Fervious wrote:Welcome fellow Gwen! I also just recently joined. I can't wait to see more of your dogs.

Hello back at you Gwen! I just posted some pictures of my girl.
gdettore
Newborn Bully

Postby cubbybear » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:14 am

Wow, what a gorgeous colour! A real sweetie by the looks of it too! :)
cubbybear
Newborn Bully

Postby sunnygirl01 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Beautiful dogs! And a good looking human kid too! ;-)
sunnygirl01
Newborn Bully

Return to Introductions