New to the Group, new addition pittie adoption

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: New to the Group, new addition pittie adoption

Postby haranka » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Welcome 8)

cubbybear
Newborn Bully

Re: New to the Group, new addition pittie adoption

Postby cubbybear » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:48 am

Sounds like you've got your hands full! We adopted our Fred at 18 months old and had pretty much the same problems with him being a bull in a china shop and counter surfing all the time - he's a staffie/greyhound cross, so its not difficult for him to get up anywhere. He still counter surfs! Like your pup though, given that he was in kennels for most of his life before we got him, I think it took him a while to relax and realise that this was home. I think they all take their own time.

As far as your daughter goes, we found that by teaching Fred to go find his tennis ball, which our son had hidden, he looked upon our son as part of his training team. The tennis ball is Fred's absolute favourite, so it only comes out when he and my son are doing their hide and seek training together. Everyone in the family is able to remove toys from Fred's mouth, so he 'gives' the ball back when he's come back with it, but in the excitement of him scurrying around looking for it, there's no danger of little fingers getting in the way. I found this helped Fred seek out our son more often - even when there was no hide and seek and they were just chilling on the sofa.

Return to “Introductions”