Me and Roxy's Intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
HoosierPitRescuer
Newborn Bully

Me and Roxy's Intro

Postby HoosierPitRescuer » Sun May 17, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi!

About a week ago, I adopted Roxy from the Humane Society. She's a red-nosed pit, about 3 yrs. old and absolutely awesome. :) TBH, I was a little reticent about adopting a pit bull because I was concerned what her history was. There's a small dog and a cat living in the house, as well. But, then I found out that she was the dog that the pound used as the temperament test dog because of how good she is with other dogs. When I brought her home, her and Bentley (my housemate's rescue Bichon) hit it off right away! They're so funny together! Just like Bonnie and Clyde. 8)

My cat (Jake) is still kind of mad and doesn't understand why there has to be a dog in *his* area, but they're getting used to each other. Roxy still looks at him like he's prey and Jake still looks at her like she's the devil. But, I think they'll find a way of working it out. Because of Roxy's prey drive, I keep her crated when I'm at work. I'm hoping that they'll come to an understanding, soon. But, I'm patient and I know that they'll work it out.

This is my first pit bull. I've had other high-energy dogs and I actually prefer them over more sedate dogs. My Jack Russell was an amazing dog! And, the hound mix I adopted (many) years ago was fantastic! It's sometimes a challenge to keep their minds and bodies exercised, but it's worth all of the extra effort.

My housemate's niece is severely autistic and came to the house with her mom. Roxy was so gentle and loving. Roxy wrestles and jumps around me. She'll come running full speed from across the room and fall into my lap when I'm on the floor. But, with Autumn (the niece), she was so gentle and careful. She was that way with my elderly neighbors, as well. Her intuition with people is really something to see! After we get through obedience training, I'm thinking of seeing what the process is like to get her to be a certified therapy dog. But... I want to tackle basic obedience, first.

Anyway, that's my intro!

Keith

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Me and Roxy's Intro

Postby haranka » Fri May 22, 2015 11:21 am

Hi Keith, welcome 8)

HoosierPitRescuer
Newborn Bully

Postby HoosierPitRescuer » Thu May 28, 2015 4:38 pm

I guess this is a dead board? I'm still waiting to be approved to post in the general section and I even sent one of the moderators a message. This message board is a good idea, I just wish it had more active moderators. Best of luck everyone! If anyone has any links to boards that are still active, please post a link or send me a private message. Thanks!

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:09 am

I wish it wasn't, but it looks like its gotten that way. Seems most forums aren't very active anymore.

Congrats on the new addition!!

Return to “Introductions”