Concerned pit mommy

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Christalina
Newborn Bully

Re: Concerned pit mommy

Postby Christalina » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Nevermind that didn't work.

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Good news! I tool the plunge and just let them both out and they just kissed and sniffed and acted normal!!! Thank you for welcoming me here. I will be participating in other areas. I'm happy my babies seem to be ok. Knock on wood!

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:55 pm

I have read a dog being in heat ( less tolerant during that time) and one dog getting older/weaker may contribute.... no one can answer whether it will or won't happen again, some say keep seperate for quite awhile post fight to cool down - others would say return to normal asap. all you can do is keep on your toes. wouldn't hurt to tire them out a lot either....

edit to add just read your last post. that's positive....

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:51 am

Chilly

Postby Chilly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:29 am

I've put your dog online, nice dog! :)

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Chilly wrote:I've put your dog online, nice dog! :)

Thank you! I wanted you to see her. She's very short and cute, and her bark is funny. She doesn't even stand as tall as my knees. Her breathing is weird, and she snores, and makes weird noises. Two things I would never want for her is puppies, or anesthesia. I worry so much about her. That's why I'm so afraid of the male injuring her.

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:49 pm

The male is fixed, don't know if I said that. The thing is he still tries to hump her, and it pisses her off. It's usually just a growl and he gets away from her, but the day I threw the shoe at the door, I caused the fight. I will never do anything so stupid again. I don't know if it was both of them thinking the other made the loud noise, or what it could have been, but it was really scary. I've had them out together since. I let them play but I stop them when I think they are getting rough. Last night I woke up to a swift growl from her, like telling him to get away, and then I said, "hey! Enough, lay down" and they went back to sleep. I really hope that bad one is the only bad one. I'm glad neither broke skin.

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:20 pm

Yay! I figured it out. Here's my girl, Mary Tudor. Like the painting I had done of her?!

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:39 pm

If I'm nervous, do they react to that? Like right now, I'm feeling on edge so I'm wondering if I should leave them separate. It's so stupid because I know they've been together since the fight, but it was so damn frightening that I'm really just kind of still panicky.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:55 pm

I understand why you are nervous and a bit shaken up. do they pick up on it? hard to say... some would say yes but it is not going to be the difference maker imo

is she in heat right now? if so consider keeping more seperate until done.

why don't you do something in between, some/most time apart, a little bit together right now? also do you stop him when he humps? you should. try to stop him before he even can do so/start.

you should post in behaviour - probably get more responses.

be gentle with yourself. maybe you need them to be mostly seperate right now until you re-settle and that is fine...

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Good idea to post in behavior. I will. I absolutely stop him when he humps. After that they usually just lay around and mouth play with each other, but when he starts to get on her back I correct him.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:01 pm

sounds good.

Chilly

Postby Chilly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:29 pm

She's very cute, she has a doll face. :)

I believe you that you are scared that it will happen again, I was to. :oops:

For now the only thing to do is just wait an hope for the best, read the topic again because there are small helpful things in there, Nick mentioned also good points, some you still got to find out, will she gets her period in some day's and some more (make your dogs tired), etc.

That your dog is small an cute doesn't say she wont fight, Demi was small to but mostly like with people the small ones are the feisty ones. 8)

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:39 pm

She is feisty for sure, but my baby girl. :wow

Christalina
Newborn Bully

Postby Christalina » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:48 pm

Well they both seem to have forgotten whatever it was that pissed them off. I really think it was a reverse aggression thing. I think me throwing the shoe at the door, meant to get their attention, actually startled them. The way we learn lessons in life. How could I do something so stupid?

Here they were digging under the crate, obviously trying to get to something, so obviously in competition for something, and I top the already building tension off by throwing a shoe at the door. Who does that? I feel like an idiot in retrospect. I wasn't having a temper tantrum or anything. It was more like a knock it off gesture, but that's when the fight started. Now they are playful as usual, mouthing each other, doing what they've always done. I guess we live and learn. I know better now.

Return to “Introductions”