Introduction :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
eglejo
Newborn Bully

Introduction :)

Postby eglejo » Thu May 26, 2016 2:06 am

Hello :)
Nice to be here :) i'm introducing my baby (ok, not a baby anymore, a teenager :)) - Kyro, 1,5 years APBT. Image

Nice to meet you all :cheers:

Bullseye

Re: Introduction :)

Postby Bullseye » Thu May 26, 2016 1:07 pm

A very fit looking dog you have there, glad you could join us... :modwelcomeonly2:

eglejo
Newborn Bully

Postby eglejo » Fri May 27, 2016 1:06 am

Bullseye wrote:A very fit looking dog you have there, glad you could join us... :modwelcomeonly2:

Thanks for good words!

Bullseye

Postby Bullseye » Fri May 27, 2016 7:32 am

Not a problem, I looked up the website on the watermark, do you take part in the weight pull?

eglejo
Newborn Bully

Postby eglejo » Fri May 27, 2016 7:58 am

Bullseye wrote:Not a problem, I looked up the website on the watermark, do you take part in the weight pull?

Yes, we participate in sporting shows :)

Bullseye

Postby Bullseye » Sat May 28, 2016 5:30 am

I noticed that you use a lure for weight pulling, that is considered an incorrect way to have a dog pull over here (England), however I did notice on the weightpull.lt website that there is a class for handlers & dogs that do not use a lure (Pro), would you agree that although it takes longer to train, dogs pull more efficiently when not coaxed forward with a lure, as there is less chance of a slingshot..

Be interested in seeing your views.

~John~

ps. Kyro is looking good on the hang time photos :)

eglejo
Newborn Bully

Postby eglejo » Mon May 30, 2016 1:28 am

Bullseye wrote:I noticed that you use a lure for weight pulling, that is considered an incorrect way to have a dog pull over here (England), however I did notice on the weightpull.lt website that there is a class for handlers & dogs that do not use a lure (Pro), would you agree that although it takes longer to train, dogs pull more efficiently when not coaxed forward with a lure, as there is less chance of a slingshot..

Be interested in seeing your views.

~John~

ps. Kyro is looking good on the hang time photos :)

Yes, in Lithuania, like everywhere else, there is standart class (with bait/toy) and pro class, when dog is pulling with command. Kyro, at this time, is not interested in pulling without toy. No motivation at all.. Summer is season of shows, so I don't want to changge anything. After this season I will start to train him with lighter weight and without toy, to we will try to go to pro class :)

When we do chain pulling, I do not use bait, but still, sometimes he loose motivation and looks for toy.. Snacks, no matter how tasty they are, is not a motivation for him.. So I think, in the beggining I will try to use bait only in the end, like a reward, and than try to take bait off..

Bullseye

Postby Bullseye » Mon May 30, 2016 10:34 am

Yes reward after is fine, but to encourage to pull is never a good idea, I would try & ween him of baiting as soon as you possibly can as it teaches bad habits, look forward to seeing some progress photos, also an unbaited dog can take part in UPF pulls in Germany & France, also the EWPL pulls in Denmark & Sweden

eglejo
Newborn Bully

Postby eglejo » Tue May 31, 2016 1:25 am

Bullseye wrote:Yes reward after is fine, but to encourage to pull is never a good idea, I would try & ween him of baiting as soon as you possibly can as it teaches bad habits, look forward to seeing some progress photos, also an unbaited dog can take part in UPF pulls in Germany & France, also the EWPL pulls in Denmark & Sweden

We have one more competition on June and that I will try to teach him working without bait :) and maybe next year we will go to ADBA weightpulling show :)

Bullseye

Postby Bullseye » Tue May 31, 2016 7:39 am

That's good, keep us up to date with the progress Image

eglejo
Newborn Bully

Postby eglejo » Tue May 31, 2016 8:53 am

Bullseye wrote:That's good, keep us up to date with the progress Image

Shure will do :)

Return to “Introductions”