my pup was attacked

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby pitbullforever » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:13 pm

your poor little pup i'm sure the owner was just scard but she shouldn't have taken off. its not your fault at all she should have paid for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby labdad » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:18 am

Hi:
Thanks for everyone's responses. You all at least seem like responsible owners. For the record, me and my little guy were out for a walk last night and met a nice young lass with a pit bull named Mosely. He wasn't muzzled but he did have a halti on. Anyways, my baby had no problem with Mosely at all. They sniffed each other, played a bit for a miinute and off they went. Made me feel a lot better anyways. I even pet the pit! Never thought that would have happened again in my lifetime. I think reading what you all have had to say really helped me out. Thanks!
labdad

Postby Tinka44 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:07 pm

Welcome!

I am in London to! The girl was most likely scared that her dog would be taken away if you had reported the incident. While there are a lot of great people here that are fine with pits, we do get a lot of ‘looks’ and rude comments, which I thinks puts a lot of pit bull owners in constant fear of loosing our dogs, however, there is no excuse for this owner running off like that. If you see the girl again, tell her that you do not plan to report this (if you don’t, that is), but you feel it is only fair that the vet bill get paid. If this same situation had happened to me and I was asked to pay the vet bill instead of having to deal with ACC, I would pay it in a heart beat.

JP is correct, there are no bylaws here that require pit bulls to wear muzzles. If the incident were to be reported to Animal Care and Control, there would be an investigation, an Animal Control officer would actually go to the owners house and meet the dog to see if the dog is in fact aggressive. If the dog is deemed aggressive, the owner would get a muzzle order issued by the city.

Anyways…I hope this can be resolved and I just want to say that its great how your are handling the situation. With all the bad press this breed gets, it’s nice to hear from someone, that’s not a pit owner, actually be open minded and not just assume that all pit bulls are aggressive and mean.
:peace:
Tinka44
Adolescent Bully

Postby Chris » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:29 pm

I wouldn't know how all Pitbull owners prefer to be approached in a situation like this since we are hardly a monolithic group. I've never been in a situation like this since I take care to keep my dog out of trouble. MY CGC/TDI dog would not be in public tied up to a tree.

If I ran into this woman I'd probably be yelling at her for being such an idiot. She should not own a dog it sounds like.

I'm glad to hear your pup is Ok.
Chris

Postby Contessa63 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:46 pm

Glad your pup is ok! And I'm gald you had a positive experience with another pit owner.
Contessa63
Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Previous

Return to Introductions