Greetings from Baltimore!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Howard County Pet Expo this weekend...

Postby bully4u » Tue May 17, 2005 8:21 pm

HOWARD COUNTY PET EXPO - 11am to 3pm (Rain Date - Sunday, June 5)
Schooley Mill Park 12975 Hall Shop Rd. (just off of Rte. 108) Highland, Md. 20777

BRING THE FAMILY (DOGS INCLUDED - no flexi-leashes) FOR A DAY OF FUN!! ALL PROCEEDS SUPPORT LOCAL NON-PROFIT ANIMAL RESCUES. ADMISSION IS FREE

ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
RAFFLES WITH GREAT PRIZES CGC TESTING !! 11:00-1:00, OBEDIENCE DEMOS, LAW ENFORCEMENT K-9 DEMO, AGILITY DEMOS, PET FIRST AID PRESENTATION, SPECIALTY ANIMAL GIFTS MICRO-CHIPPING/TATTOOS, CHESAPEAKE SEARCH DOGS, D.J., GREAT FOOD VENDORS!! BAND!!!!

MEET AND TALK TO LOCAL PET EXPERTS INCLUDING:
RESCUES, VETERINARIANS, OBEDIENCE TRAINERS, PET-SITTERS, AGILITY INSTRUCTOR, GROOMERS, FOOD REPS BOARDING KENNELS, ANIMAL ACUPUNCTURE, PET SUPPLY REPS, CONTAINMENT SYSTEMS REP, ANIMAL MASSAGE, EQUINE TRAINER.

from http://www.magsr.org/calendar.htm
bully4u

GRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Postby bully4u » Tue May 17, 2005 8:24 pm

I am so irritated.. I applied with Fidos for Freedom to find out about training Jake to be a Hearing Dog/Hearing Ear Dog (I'm deaf) and they gave me the runaround..finally when I kept pushing they said they don't accept Pit Bulls in their program.. talk about discrimination, this really ticks me off. He is more trainable than any dog I've ever met.

:po:
bully4u

Postby Contessa63 » Wed May 18, 2005 12:42 am

What a beautiful pup! Thanks for rescuing him! :) :thumbsup:
Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jo-RavensMommy » Wed May 18, 2005 8:27 am

There wil always be someone who will discriminate against our dogs, :crybaby:. Pick up todays Sun, in the MD section there is an article by Gregory Kane on the bottom left of page. Good story. I have been watching Gabriel's story since he was rescued, I am so glad someone was willing to run this article and tell his story. Go SUN!!!!

Howard Co. is a bit far for me, I will have to see what I can pull off, Raven is not good in the car for too long, I'm goign to have to mapquest the info. you posted and see just how far it is. But I wanna come!!!!
Jo-RavensMommy

Postby pitbullforever » Wed May 18, 2005 8:45 am

:welcome: he may have been abondond lots of people abondon puppies
:((
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby Jo-RavensMommy » Wed May 18, 2005 8:56 am

PBForever, no one really knows he was so bad that it is impossible to determine his age, ranges from 1 1/2 to 6 years old. Poor baby.
Jo-RavensMommy

Postby BabyReba » Wed May 18, 2005 11:32 pm

hey bully, i am also in bmore, and i do a bit of rescue work with michelle and others, and it turns out that you and i are neighbors!

i live on westowne road . . . i hope i run into you with jake one of these days, i've seen the pics, now i hope i get to see the pup in person!

i have an old lab mutt and a red mini dachshund, we walk down your street all the time!
BabyReba
Regulator

BabyReba

Postby bully4u » Thu May 19, 2005 3:16 am

Wow, what a small world! Hope to meet you soon too. Are you going to the Pet Expo on Sunday? I'd like to go check it out :)

I'm up at 4 AM because I just cleaned up two big piles from my bedroom floor (now I have samples for the vet today, that was easy roflmao , I'm going to try to get him in with a vet somehow, somewhere today). I'd been cleaning up these piles all day, I think he had a touch of diarrhea (maybe from the very rich new food introduction for one meal today) but I was never sure if it was him or the cats or both. Now 5 of my 6 cats are in the metal crate Michelle loaned me for Jake (with nothing, no pet bed etc, in it for comfort!) for the night so I could isolate who was having the diarrhea for vet samples and diagnosis. So I had nothing left to crate Jake in for the night and he's used to sleeping on the bed with me anyway lol

I'm wondering if there's any way to get a 1-month free Sheltercare insurance membership to help with these vet costs? You usually get this with rescue adoptions.

I thought Michelle said one of her vets was on Westowne?
bully4u

Postby BabyReba » Thu May 19, 2005 7:54 am

Paradise Animal Hospital on Frederick Road is where I take my beasts. It's right behind the 7-11 on Frederick, by the stoplight as you are on your way toward downtown Catonsville. It's a tiny bit pricey, but the vets are wonderful. You might ask if they offer Care Credit, which is a line of credit just for vet costs . . . I know lots of vets do.

The other vet that I've been to in this area is cheaper, it's Arbutus Animal Hospital . . . if you go left on Maiden Choice Lane, take it all the way to the end (past the Mars, etc.) then go right on that road (is it Leeds Avenue maybe, I'm not sure!). The Arbutus clinic will be on your left.

The doctor doesn't speak great English but he's very, very nice! Hope that helps!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby pblove » Fri May 20, 2005 8:55 pm

Dani,
The shelter care is free for a month when you adopt off Petfinder, don't think it is freel any other way.
I have a friend that has a no kill shelter, she offers low cost spaying/neutering, low cost shots, low cost wormng and micro chipping.
I know you want to get another puppy, but this is one of the reasons I think it might be better for you to hold off on that thought.
If they should all get sick or need some kind of medical care at the same time, it is really, outrageous having so many vet bills at once.
Most vets will not take payments, unless you are a very well established, long time client.
I think it will be a oggd idea to get t one of the vets babyreba suggested, clsoe to your house so yoiu cna have a foot in the door for the future.
Find babyreba, she will be a great mentor for you and your dog. She is really fun too, and very knowledgeable with this breed. Anmd did I say kind, caring and thoughtful?!
I can't make the pet expo, too far and have a family function to go to on Sunday.
a little too close to BSL for me too, it is the next county over, Prince Georges county that is! :po:
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby bully4u » Fri May 20, 2005 11:17 pm

Believe me, I already know all about having all the pets sick at once. I have 7.

I already have a good vet who lets me pay on account with 1% interest. They wouldn't do it for just anyone though so don't bother asking ;) I do most of my vet care myself anyway (shots, worming, etc).

I have my reasons for wanting the 2nd puppy now and I will hopefully have her this weekend if I get her at all. We'll see if it works out/happens. Believe me I have already considered every angle as always. Thanks for your concern.
bully4u

Postby BootsiesMom » Sat May 21, 2005 5:18 am

:welcome: he's adorable :inlove: good job on the rescue. The pictures of him and your daughter are adorable also. :peace:
BootsiesMom
Newborn Bully

Postby concreterose » Tue May 31, 2005 10:25 am

Welcome to the forum, looks like you already have lot's of friends! Your puppy is a doll :inlove:
concreterose
Regulator

Previous

Return to Introductions