pitbull owner by accident

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

pitbull owner by accident

Postby kalel33 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:25 am

Love the site, first off. With sadness, I was actually leaning towards the BSLs until I had to learn everything I could about our goofy boy. A pic of him should be with my name. His name is Tanner and we have had him in our life for 8 months.

My wife's sister called us one day to come look at a stray that had been sleeping on their neighbors porch for a few days. We were supposed to look at him for someone else. They did not want to take him to the pound, for fear of him being euthanized. Tanner was about 2mo old at this time. I told my wife the whole time over we would not take the dog, but when we arrived he seemed like the cutest dog. We did not know his breed and neither did they. I had seen eyes like his before though.

We decided to bring him home. He had ring worm, some other type of worm, and was malnourished. I did a search on puppies on the internet and came across pics of american rednose pits and there he was on my computer. I've owned many dogs in my life and he is by far the best I've every had. He is truly a part of our family.

We take twice a week to the dog park and he has a blast. I know that when he matures that we will have to quit the jaunts, but will hate it. He has such a fun time. He is also the biggest wuss of a dog I have seen. He lets much smaller dogs win in wrestling and toy possesion. He only wants them to chase him.

I'm glad there are sites like this one to help us new owners out.
kalel33

Postby ShadowWolf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:31 am

Welcome to PBF! Tanner sure looks like a sweetie! Don't hesitate to ask questions! We have some wonderful people here!
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby Phi » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:41 am

welcome to the forum and tanner looks awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Phi

Postby rednoseErnie » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:41 am

I love those red noses!~
Welcome.
:)
rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby Susie's Pit Crew » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:38 pm

:welcome:

Cute dog!!
Susie's Pit Crew

Postby ripley6 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:24 pm

:welcome: Hi!

Awww, what a cutie!! Thank you for saving him! :thumbsup:

My little rescue's mother is a lab/retriever-looking pupper (her picture is at the bottom of Biscuit's Dogster page). Believe me, I was shocked, too, when I realized that da daddy was most definitely pittie, and most definitely left more than his share of the genes lol . But having a bully by accident has been one of the very fortuitous things to happen to me. Just today I was trying to explain to a co-worker just what it is about him, about why he is so different - but you just have to be around one to understand . . . :inlove:
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby willow_pigs_momma » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:53 pm

Cute Dog, I too am a new pittie owner and they are the biggest mushpots going!
willow_pigs_momma

Postby Tinka44 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:52 pm

Welcome!! What a great story, thank you for saving him.

We found our dog on our front lawn, we too, had bad feeling about pit bulls because of all the bad press. We brought her in, pretty scared at first, we quickly learned she was not a threat to us or our cat. I have grown up with dogs my entire life and she, by far, is the best dog ever.

:thumbsup:
Tinka44
Adolescent Bully

Postby kalel33 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:45 pm

Yeah, Ive never seen a dog so lazy indoors and so active outside. He's the best of both worlds.
kalel33

Postby Purplesauerous » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:05 am

Welcome!!
Purplesauerous

Postby Contessa63 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:37 pm

Thanks for saving him! :thumbsup: :)
Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby BullyVW » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:31 am

Great story. Sometimes, accidental encounters are the best ones. I got my pup, too, with a different understanding of his breed...and then, like you, found more on the net. Good luck, and thanks for helping him.
BullyVW
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BullyBreedLover » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:14 pm

WELCOME! I got my first pit 8 months ago now. Once you go pit you never go back! They are truly the greatest dogs! Very handsome guy Tanner is. You will learn a ton here and you will be proud to spread the GOOD NEWS about pits! :headbang:
BullyBreedLover

Postby dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:25 pm

Welcome! Glad to hear he has a good home now. Quitting the dog park is the worst enjoy it while you can. My dami always lets the lil ones pick on him too lol
dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net

Return to Introductions