Hello from Georgia.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Georgia.

Postby Cerise » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:17 am

I recently found this forum while researching pit bulls, so I decided to sign up and check it out. It seems very dedicated to pit bulls and their well being so I'll definatly like keeping in check here. I personally do not have a pit bull, but I am working on getting one. I am taking the time to look up the breed before I do get one. Any helpful advice would be great.

I do have a full blooded two year old Boxer named Cody. I don't have any pictures on the computer, but I'll definatly get some. He has a golden coat, brown eyes. His muzzle is black, he has a white chest and socks. His nose is wrinkled a bit, because he had problems with it when he was younger, and it never grew out. We were going to put him in show because he is a beautiful dog, but he doesn't have the proper crown that a boxer should have, which I personally think makes him cuter.

I also recently just got a boxer lab mix, my family doesn't like him too well, but I love the dog. He's around 3 months old now, he's a pitch black dog with a white star on his chest. He looks mostly like a black lab. He's taking forever to get potty trained so if any of you have any suggestions on that, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'll be moving next year which will be when I'll be getting a pit bull, so hopefully this forum will help me learn about them before I actually get one. I want to have well knowledge of the pit bull before I get one. This website inspired me to help save Pit Bulls:
http://pitbullproblem.tk/
An artist on the website www.deviantart.com created this, and it has impacted a lot of people. I want to help save the breed and be one of the owners who treat the animal well.

Any suggestions before I actually get a pit bull would be great. How hard are they to train? And do I need to socialize it with maybe buying another pet, or should I just raise him/her alone?
Cerise

Postby JohnsonsUKCAPBTS » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:57 am

WELCOME!!!!I'm new also here to the forum but I wanted to WELCOME YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pit Bulls are the greast loving dogs but very misunderstood creatures...... BAN THE DEED NOT THE BREED GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JohnsonsUKCAPBTS
Newborn Bully

Postby X-girl » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:01 am

Welcome! :))
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Phi » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:31 pm

welcome aboard :welcome:
Phi

Postby Contessa63 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:32 pm

:thumbsup: :)
Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby Cerise » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:31 am

Thanks a load for the warm welcome, you guys seem like a great bunch of people.
Cerise

Postby Scooch&Beau » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:52 pm

My dog Glamour was super easy to train, all she could think about was the treat and she was willing to do anything to get it! Layla on the other hand is sooo freaking stubborn :roll: . She learned sit really fast, but teaching her to shake was a nightmare! Now Layla thinks that all she has to do to get a treat is sit and shake, so she refuses to do anything else.

I think that if you get a puppy, training will be fairly simple because they see it as play time. With adults it really depends on their attitude, but if you've got good treats it should work out fine.

As far as socialization goes, you want to start very early with having them meet all sorts of people, and dogs if you are especially careful. You don't necessarily have to get another pet, taking them to PetCo or PetSmart worked just fine for me.

Good luck!
Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Postby ripley6 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm

:welcome: Hi!
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Bustersmama » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:47 pm

welcome, you can pretty much find almost anything you need on thif forum when it comes to "Bullie Breeds". There are very intelligent, caring, and loyal people who post here. You will hear the truth whether you want to or not, which is my favorite part. The support system is awesome as well. Hope you find all you need before you get your new dog.
Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Wow

Postby Mydogelvis » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:26 am

Welcome to the Forums and just let me tell you, that, that the video, was the most powerful thing I have seen in a long time, thank you, I needed a good cry for once!! If only the politicians could see it!
Mydogelvis

Postby saturn2 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:47 pm

:welcome: to PBF.

~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby heather » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:29 pm

Hello, I live in GA, but am from NY. Glad to see you are committed to knowledge and responsibility!!! Let us know how it goes and if you need help---you can find lots of training tips in the section with that title. If you still have alot of problems, you might want to consult a vet. Improper unrination that persists can often be a sign of a health problem.

anyways, Welcome!! :))
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby TopesLexAndNova » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:51 am

WELCOME!!! I am owned by a pit mix lab mix and a pitbull we also live in GA! Let me tell you pitbulls are soooo easy! My newest addition is 14 weeks and ive only had her 2 weeks but she is FULLY potty trained and will go wait by the front door when she has to go and knows Sit Down Laydown Shake Rollover S tay and Speak! And all it took was showing her a few times and practice each day and shes got them down pat! There a wonderful breed! Welcome
TopesLexAndNova
Matured Bully

Return to Introductions