My introduction

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

My introduction

Postby Scooch&Beau » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:29 pm

Hey everyone! I've been a lurker for quite some time, and just got around to finally writing.

About me: I'm from Kansas City, Missouri but am currently living in Southwest Missouri. I'm a second year college student, and have a job at Three Dog Bakery. It's an awesome place to work, I get to meet all sorts of dogs, and all sorts of people who love their dogs. I occasionally volunteer with the local Humane Society by taking the dogs pictures and listing them on PetFinder. I am also a volunteer with Missouri Pit Bull Rescue, and am a member of the Adoption Events Team. My boyfriend is a member of their email reply team, as well as the Adoptions Event team. We are hoping to also foster for them sometime in the near future, but since we just got a house, we want to be moved in and totally settled first!

About my dogs: I've got two pit bull ladies in my life! Layla is a black and white 1.5 year old that was rescued in June of 2004. She was found wondering the side of the road, and judging by her scars, had been used as a bait dog. I wanted to bring her with me to college, but my apartment didn't allow dogs, so my parents decided to keep her. My parents also have a 2 year old Brittany/Lab mix (Cookie) that Layla is in love with!

Two months ago, my boyfriend and I rescued a red/rednose 1 - 1.5 year old female from the Humane Society. We were there volunteering and saw her in a field by herself. She had a huge hole in her leg, so we offered to take her to the vet. Well, we never took her back! We named her Glamour, and she's turned out to be an awesome dog. The hole in her leg turned out to be a gunshot wound, and she had also been shot in the chest. Her chest was superglued shut by her "foster home" and the leg was left untreated for so long that an infection got down to her bone. Her foster mom never took her to the vet, and had so many dogs Glamour had to fight for everything. She was severly underweight and undersocialized. She's totally healed now and doing great. I'll get around to posting before and after pictures when I'm allowed to other parts of the forum!

Here's Layla & Cookie:

Layla (right) & our old foster puppy:

Glamour:

Glamour's big ole smile:

I'm looking forward to talking with everyone! :thumbsup:
Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Postby SFBullyGirl » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:59 pm

awesome intro and very nice pooches!!...welcome :hi
SFBullyGirl
Addicted to PBF

Postby GreddysAngel » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:18 pm

Welcome! I love Glamours Collar!
Layle is a gorgeous girl!
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cerise » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:10 pm

Very beautiful dogs. (:
Cerise

Postby Phi » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:37 pm

beautiful doggies and welcome to the board :thumbsup:
Phi

Postby willow_pigs_momma » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:10 pm

What a great rescue story.............. :headbang:
willow_pigs_momma

Postby BullyBreedLover » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:34 am

WOOHOO! Thanks for rescuing! Very nice pups ya got there.. WELCOME! :)
BullyBreedLover

Postby X-girl » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:11 am

Welcome! Great intro!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby ripley6 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:16 pm

:welcome:

Welcome!!! Thank you, thank you for rescuing - Glamour definitely looks like a happy girl now - :)
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Boo439 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:49 pm

Welcome to the board!! You have a beautiful family! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about yourself. :)
Boo439

Postby ZoWee » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:59 pm

nice intro and cute dogs.. each time i look at Glamour smiling pic something tickles me in my chest. anyways nice family u got there and wish u the best :peace:
ZoWee

Postby BudDog » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:02 pm

Welcome :)) and those are some nice looking dogs that you are owned by. :thumbsup:

Rachel
BudDog
Matured Bully

Return to Introductions