Hello All

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello All

Postby LawL » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:59 am

Hey guys and gals,

I must say I never thought I would be here or even want to. Until just 4 days ago, I never knew how much something that had pitbull in it could mean so much to me or even be so loving. I was driving down the road when I saw a small fragile brindle colored dog trying to dodge cars, he wasnt very street smart at all. So of course my lady made me pull over to see if it was hurt (she is a vet) well we pull over and i get out of the car, I did due to the fact some stray dogs can be dangerous - since i am a cop i have a tazer (harmless just shakes em up a bit). Well i was expecting something totally different from what happened. I drive a jeep wrangler, had the top off i pull over and whistle at the dog, and next thing i see is a pit bull running straight at me...my parents had a pit and had bad experiences it didnt like not being the baby after i was born and they had to get rid of him, he tried to bite me once. so once i see this pit running at me, beign the person that would rather believe everything he reads i try to get my tazer out...next thign i know i have a pit bull licking my face..he had jumped into my back seat since the top was off. I seen how nice he was, had some fleas and was about 5 pounds under weight, i was going to take him to a no kill shelter the next day, but that night i fell in love with him! I took him home and got rid of those pesky fleas....he had some tapeworms, so of course we got him fixed up, new shots, everything. It turns out he has some beagle in him...you cant tell expect for the nose..and he whines like a beagle, he has the temperment of one and the personality of one. Well turns out hes a bit under a year old, and needed a good home, so now i am proud to say i own a pit, something i thought would never happen..his name is Cargo...I will post some pictures for you all later!

Just goes to show ya, even people that hate them from the stories can be turned around by these dogs loving nature over a period of one night.

Thanks,

LawL
LawL

Postby Patch O' Pits » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:05 am

Welcome and I'm glad you changed your mind about them. They are great dogs and need consistent training
Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby LawL » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:33 am

well after another trip to the vet just a minute ago to pick him up - the vet informed me Cargo was verbally and mentally abused from his owner before. Being as we found him with no collar or tags. we have been looking at lost and found ads, the vet thinks he was on the street over night if that, as he had no hunger nor was he thirsty until after he played the first night. So far he will not be crated, the vet done an observation on him and says she thinks he was crated at his old owners a lot, and will not go near them, not even for a treat....i feel so bad for him. This dog loves every person he meets, kids, adults, teens, elders....he just wags his tail and licks and licks and licks. How someone could have done this to him...well he is with a loving home now. We still havent taken him around other dogs except for another pit bull 11 week old pup..and he went crazy..not crazy in like mean, as in excited and wanting to play....ears perked up and tail moving a 1000 miles a minute. He will be introduce to two female german shepards next week, our other dogs. He will also be neutered next week, tired of the peeing on things, he pee'd on 3 things in the pet shop the other day, had to walk away quickly :P I still worry knowning he has pit in him he could snap if something was bothering him......i hope some of you can put my mind at ease with that.
LawL

Postby ripley6 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:35 am

:bowdown: :thumbsup: THANK YOU for rescuing - especially in that traffic!! There are many of us who are new to the bully breed, and some members that are encyclopedic in experience and training with this special, special breed, so you'll learn so much here. Just looking through old threads is an education -

Aww, that is just heartbreaking that someone could treat little Cargo like that, when it is obvious he is just lookin' for love -

Anyway, big WELCOME! :hi

I'm a former military cop and a Wrangler driver, too! :))
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Jp » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:48 am

:welcome: thanks for rescuing Cargo, can't wait too see pics of him!!!!!
Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby Cerise » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:23 am

Welcome, welcome. Glad to hear that you're one of the good people out there. (:
Cerise

Postby Darlazmum » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:37 pm

What a great thread! Love that story, hope Cargo fills you with lots of love!!! Any chance of us seeing Cargo? Would love to see him!
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Sivart » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:41 pm

Looking forward to seeing Cargo myself...having a tough time imagining a pit/beagle cross. :)
Sivart
Newborn Bully

Postby LawL » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:10 pm

he looks just like a pit in the body and head shape, just a bit skinnier and a beagle nose, you wouldnt know it unless a vet pointed it out hes not a full blood...i will have pics most likely tomorrow, going to take them tonight! :peace:
LawL

Postby Susie's Pit Crew » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:56 pm

:welcome:

Pics, pics, pics, can't wait to see pics!!!
Susie's Pit Crew

Postby pitbullgrl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:03 pm

welcome welcome :doggie:
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Bustersmama » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:49 pm

Hi, Welcome, and THANK YOU FOR RESCUING HIM!!! I am sure you will find this forum to be very helpful in all aspects of this breed.
Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Postby LawL » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:36 am

LawL

Return to Introductions