Hello

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello

Postby Wiltz » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:22 pm

Hello esteemed forum members. I have been reading on this forum for a bit of time but have yet to introduce myself!

My name is Tim I am in Florida and I had been the proud owner of a red/red nosed APBT named Ice Cube for 11 years this May. I first was introduced to this wonderful breed when I was 19yrs old my girlfriends brother at the time had a buckskin dog named Buster who at first meeting scared the dickens out of me!

I called him a bicep with legs, shortly after that Buster won me over (as they always do) Then few years later I met a man in my area who was a breeder and he helped to educated me more on this breed and recommended books by Richard F Stratton.

I then subscribed to the Gazette reading everything I could on this breed. Some time after than I got a 6wk old puppy and named him Ice cube. Unfortunately, Cube has passed away this May. I am now doing my best to defend this wonderful breed everywhere I can. I think this forum is a great source of information and like minds.

I would like to organize a group in my own town to support this breed, maybe someday soon. Maybe by then I will have another bully in my life.
I may consider fostering a bully sometime soon as well. Time will tell. It's good to be a member of such a positive board, we need to stick together.
Wiltz

Postby damienApbt » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:43 pm

welcome to the board Tim. Thanks for posting. We have a lot of great members in Fla. Sorry to hear about your boy Cube. I cant imagine how i will feel when my 3 yr old boy, Rod, passes on. Its great you're thinking about fostering.

Pit bulls have such an interesting history and each little pittie i meet makes me want to fight harder for this breed and learn more. You've come to the right place. Once you've gained access to the whole board, if you haven't already, you should post some pics of Cube in the gallery. :thumbsup:
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby Susie's Pit Crew » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:52 pm

:cheers:

Hi and welcome!! I liked your introduction post!
Susie's Pit Crew

Postby pitbullgrl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:59 pm

welcome :hi
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Bustersmama » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:56 pm

:)) Hello and welcome! :))

Sorry for your loss. :sad:
Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cerise » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:16 am

Welcome. ^^
Cerise

Postby Athena's mommy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:41 pm

Welcome.... you get my little dancing man too... :dance:
Athena's mommy

Postby moochesmama » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:08 pm

Welcome!
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Postby BullyBreedLover » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:25 pm

WELCOME! I am sure sorry about your man Ice! It must be tough loosing a friend after 11 years. My English bully has cancer and is hanging in there but i know his time is short. I dread the day. Good luck with fostering i think that is a great idea! :peace:
BullyBreedLover

Postby Phi » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:06 pm

welcome to the forum buddy :thumbsup:
Phi

Postby dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:29 pm

welcome Sorry for your loss fostering would be great when your ready :thumbsup:
dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net

Postby ripley6 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:56 am

:welcome:

So sorry about Ice Cube, but as the saying goes, "When God closes a door, he opens a window" - the fostering sounds like you could do so much good! And you might even find your next pittie bud along the way . . . :)
ripley6
Forum Junky

WELCOME

Postby MENMYPIT » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:31 am

WELCOME THE THE FORUM AND VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. DOGS ARE GREAT FRIENDS PROBABLY THE ONLY ONES ANYONE CAN TRUST. FOSTERING SOUNDS GREAT AND WOULD ACTUALLY BE PERFECT FOR YOU TO DO. SEE YOU SOON. :peace:
MENMYPIT

Postby heather » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:01 am

Welcome, i enjoyed your post. :)
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boo439 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:41 pm

Welcome to the board!! I'm in central FL. :)
Boo439

Next

Return to Introductions