Bowan's New Start

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Bowan's New Start

Postby Bowan's Momma » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:21 am

Hi...we joined to get some advice on our new pup. We adopted Bowan from the Little Rock Animal Shelter. His mother was malnutritioned to the point of starvation and had ate 9 of Bowan's siblings. His mother was put down when they were rescued and Bowan and his brother was adopted out. He is barely six weeks old. He does have aggression problems but they are getting better. The person familiar with him said that he had to switch cages because so many of the other puppies were bigger than him, so obviously he'd had to fight for everything. He seems to be relaxing a little bit and he is absolutely gorgeous!...He's blue/gray with very little white markings with blue gray eyes... :headbang:
My six yr old GSD and even the little Brussells Griffon seem to be keeping him in his place as far aggression to them are concerned :stick ...we are also doing a lot of socialization and being around my five year old and t-ball teams and all that...

any other advice would be appreciated...because I know he's had a rough start. :sad:
Bowan's Momma

Postby Bowan's Momma » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:10 pm

I thought I would add some pics of him to go with his intro :))

I see it Momma...lemme get it

His nails at the shelter...they were longer than cats' claws

I see you...here I come...snap the pic fast :tongue:

First pic
Bowan's Momma

Postby Athena's mommy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:38 pm

OMAGA ... he is soooooo Freaking cute i could just squeeze him forever....

Welcome

:dance:
Athena's mommy

Postby froggybaby » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:07 pm

woweee cazoowee. he is just dahlin'. His nails look like they could use a clippin' though. Be prepared to have a handfull with him. puppies are balls of kinetic energy, but sooo much fun.
her's my little bundle. Well he ain't so little anymore but hey! We did'nt get him as such a tiny little thing (got him at 2 months) so we missed out the "he's so cute i'm gonna walk around with him in my purse" months.
We love him lots. You have lots of good stuff to look forward to.
:headbang:
froggybaby

Postby moochesmama » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:10 pm

Welcome! Vigorous play is normal for young APBT's...so I wouldn't worry too much. It's great though that your other dogs are doing such a good job of setting limits with the little guy....
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Postby froggybaby » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:10 pm

woops forgot to put in the pics
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigpig113
froggybaby

Postby Bowan's Momma » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:15 pm

The vet clipped his nails before I got to them (we have a set of clippers at home). They were just horrible, like he'd never been on a walk in his whole life. :sad:
I bathed him when we got home which you'd thought i was killing him, but we just can't seem to beat the puppy breath :yucky:

I got him to fetch me a ball once today :thumbsup:
Bowan's Momma

Postby BullyBreedLover » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:20 pm

WELCOME! I LOVE HIM! hehehe....Keep up with working on him and definatly look into puppy school and obedience training when hes a little older! Growing up with your other dogs they should all get a long for the most part. CONGRATS! THANKS FOR RESCUING! :))
BullyBreedLover

Postby mantusmania » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:42 pm

Bowan is sooo adorable! :thumbsup:
mantusmania

Postby Phi » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:05 pm

welcome to the forum and he's such a beautiful pup :inlove: :thumbsup:
Phi

Postby dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:35 pm

:welcome: gorgeous pup :inlove:
dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net

Postby willow_pigs_momma » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:24 am

Wow I love your Pup!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: sad news about the momma though!
willow_pigs_momma

Postby ripley6 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:49 am

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

SO cute!!!!! Thank you for rescuing!

SEND ME THE PUPPY BREATH!!!

Oh, yeah, and a big :welcome:
ripley6
Forum Junky

Return to Introductions