HELLO FELLOW PIT OWNERS.............!!!!!!!!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

HELLO FELLOW PIT OWNERS.............!!!!!!!!!

Postby FRISCO-PITS » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:24 pm

sup everyone, im new to the forum!! just want to say SUP to all u PIT OWNERS. im currently in San Francisco, CA. this whole incident w/ the 12 yr old boy, and all these other mauling, are getting me a lil scared. unfortunately they're taking any PIT & PIT MIX that are off leashes, and my baby loves to be off leash, especially in the dog park. here are some photos........

JOHN

Dojah ( Irie's sister, my boy owns her) is the one on the left, she's white/dark brown. Nala ( she's mine ), is the all gold brown. Irie, is of course, the one in the back....

the new one to my family!!! her name is NIKA...........
FRISCO-PITS

Postby Bowan's Momma » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:35 pm

Bowan looks alot like her...she's pretty
Bowan's Momma

Postby FRISCO-PITS » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:43 pm

YEAH she/he does..... luckily the city u guys are in arent DISCRIMINATING PITS, or are they also????.... this is really bumming my out. at least i heard they cant ban the breed, but they're trying, or supposedly they already have, they're saying all PIT / PIT MIX, have to be SPAYED/NEUTERD, but wouldnt that be killing off the breed..... I DONT KNOW!!!!!!! all i know is IM KEEPPIN MY DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHN
FRISCO-PITS

Postby BullyBreedLover » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:17 pm

WELCOME! BEAUTIFUL DOGS! Unless you are an experienced GOOD breeder spaying and neutering is a MUST! Look how many pitties or dogs for that matter are dying in the shelter. You will learn a ton here! I LOVE YOUR DOGS! :inlove: :inlove:
BullyBreedLover

Postby mantusmania » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:37 pm

Gorgeous dogs! :thumbsup:
mantusmania

Postby Bowan's Momma » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:43 pm

The South seems not to freak out about dogs as bad as other places..although Oklahoma maybe..which is way to close...Bowan's gonna go to puppy kindergarten and he'll have to get fixed because I have another girl dog...she's fixed but I don't want any humping going on :oops: Plus it helps with dominance/aggression issues.
Bowan's Momma

Postby greenkozi » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:43 pm

welcome frisco. i'm from oakland and i'm pretty stressed, too.

couple things- here's some info about pits and dog parks, also do a search on the forum and you'll get a lot of good info.

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/dogpark.cfm

the dog park is sort of a recipe for disaster for mature pit bulls. (of course there are exceptions to this rule, but hte only real way to find out is when it is too late.)

also, don't buy into the media madness. noone is taking dogs away yet- although you should definitely follow leash laws!

here is some info about what's going on, stay tuned to the forum, it's moving faster than i can keep up with!
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/Al ... fornia.htm

please please please, be a responsible bully owner. spay and neuter all those gorgeous dogs (they'll be gorgeous even if they're fixed), keep them on leash, contained and out of the dog park! we need all the responsible bully owners we can get right now!

welcome.
greenkozi
Bully Ambassador

Postby Phi » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:08 pm

beautiful dogs and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Phi

THANKS

Postby FRISCO-PITS » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:24 am

thanks for all the LOVE people. its suck their are making it hard to own a pit in the bay area. my dog has no problem w/ any person or dog, she even plays w/ cats, go figure, but its sucks now i have to keep her on the leash. i just feel it may change her attitude due to the fact i have to leash her @ a park, when she never was before. but i have to do what i have to do to keep my GIRLS.

THANKS FOR ALL THE WISE WORDS.......!!!!!!!

JOHN
FRISCO-PITS

Postby ripley6 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:30 pm

:welcome: Hi!

Fantastic lookin' crew you have there! Welcome!
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby willow_pigs_momma » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:05 pm

Great Looking Dogs :thumbsup:
willow_pigs_momma

WELCOME

Postby MENMYPIT » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:17 am

WELCOME TO THE FORUM. YOUR BULLY'S ARE BEAUTIFUL. HERE IN PENNSYLVANIA THEY ARE NOT AS BAD BUT FROM WHAT I HEARD IN MY TOWN THEY ARE TAKING ANY OFF LEASH BULLYS FOUND AND EUTHENIZING THEM (dont know if thats spelled correctly). SO NATURALLY MY MAN HAS TO BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES THEY NOW GIVE YOU 24 HOURS TO CLAIM YOUR PIT,IF NOT HE'S GONE. SAD TO HEAR. BUT WELCOME AND HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME. YOU WILL DEFINATELY LEARN ALOT HERE.
MENMYPIT

Postby heather » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:07 am

Beautiful bullys!! Welcome. Everyone here feels for you, we all know we could be next with the news and the laws. I just try to always be responsible and although I sometimes feel like giving up trying to change peoples' minds--I try to never hide or be ashamed or intimidated. People will remember seeing you interact with your dog and if they meet them--they have a positive exception to all the television and news crap!
And.. i would read about pitbulls and dog parks too if I were you and see what you think about it.
this is the one i like:

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/dogpark.cfm

and again--welcome!!!
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby heather » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:08 am

sorry, greenkozi already posted that link. :oops:
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby froggybaby » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:23 am

WOW . Welcome. All your babies are impressive but man o man Nika is a movie star. Look at that face !!!!!
froggybaby

Next

Return to Introductions