finally decided to join

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

finally decided to join

Postby vdubn4life » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:58 pm

I'v been browsing this forum since i got my baby Ivory (3-4months ago) I realize owning a pitbull is very different from any other type of dogs for obvious reasons. I consider them a special breed and decided i had to have one. After talks with the neighbors and etc the prejudice/reputation these dogs recieve is ridiculous. I want to be the most responsible owner out there and I figured this forum has a plethora of info. anyhow here are some pics of my baby at around 15 weeks I believe. shes is now 6mos and hasn't had her rabies shot yet...should i test her for rabies before she gets the vaccine as she's been outside uncrated at times......? peace :peace: for now
[/img]http://photobucket.com/albums/y204/tcamaj/CIMG0117_1.jpg[img]
[/img]http://photobucket.com/albums/y204/tcamaj/CIMG0123.jpg[img]
vdubn4life

Postby vdubn4life » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:02 pm

since i can't edit my first post :roll:
vdubn4life

Postby Darlazmum » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:02 pm

SHE IS ADORABLE!!!! ok now that I've screamed, you should have her vaccinated for rabies anyway....where are you VDUMBNFORLIFE in so cal? Just wonderin becaues there is a low cost Vacc. place in Gardfen Grove....PM me if you need to.
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby austinsmommy » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:05 pm

Ivory is a beauty. Congrats and welcome. I'm a newbie myself here.

:)
austinsmommy

Postby BullyBreedLover » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:58 pm

Rabies should have been done at 12 weeks but of course it is never to late. Go get it done! As for testing the only way to test for rabies is to have brain tissue sent out...hehe i dont think your gonna have to do that. VERY BEAUTIFUL DOG! I love the ears! WELCOME! 8)
BullyBreedLover

Postby VWpit » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:54 pm

Welcome, it's nice to see another dub fan around. Ivory is beautiful. I love those ears.
VWpit
Newborn Bully

Postby PopeyeSaysHowdy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:52 am

Welcome!

Why are all pits so cute as pups?! Amazing.
PopeyeSaysHowdy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby froggybaby » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am

welcome to you and ivory. I love her little face. She's adorable. She has a pink star on her nose just like my Buddha.
check him out
http://community.webshots.com/user/bigpig113
froggybaby

Postby ripley6 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:36 am

:welcome:

Oh, what a CUTIE!!! Beautiful markings, and the ears - *sigh* :inlove:
ripley6
Forum Junky

What a doll baby!

Postby Cheripits » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:03 pm

She looks like she is a relative of ours!! :)) We have an all white female with some crazy ears too. Ivory is just a baby doll.

By the way, you need to get her vaccs hooked up ASAP. The warm months are a haven for diseases. Make sure you get her a Parvo vac too!
Good luck with that cutie.
Give her a big hug from all of us![img][img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Cheripits/Mupwin.jpg[/img][/img]
Cheripits

Postby vdubn4life » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:21 pm

Cheri...she and Ivory look like sisters for sure! shes had all her vaccines except rabies and I am setting up an appointment today. thanks for all the love you guys. Only thing is...last night i had two buddies cruise over and Ivory could not control herself whatsoever she just kept jumping and jumping tyring to give them kisses. Whats the best way to fix this as i want to be able to take her out without trampling people....she just gets too excited and wont listen to a word i say!!!!!!! :roll:
vdubn4life

hahaha

Postby Cheripits » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:28 pm

When you figure it out, tell me! lol. All of mine think when ppl come over it is to see them. Mine make sure that ppl pet them and some of my dogs won't get down until you give them a hug. (damn they're vicious!!!) They'll kill ya with kisses.....lol.
But seriously, I use word commands. One we us is "GIT" and they know to go lay down and get off of folks or to get out of the way.
And when ours are rough housing or getting excited, we use "BE NICE" and they stop whatever they are doing.
They were also trained to "RELEASE" when they were pups.
It takes repeating alot. Just like how kids learn! lol

Good Luck with "our lil' sis" Ivory

ps. Glad to hear you are getting that baby her Rabies!!! yeaaaaaaaaah :cheerleader:
Cheripits

Postby Phi » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:55 am

welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Phi

Postby VWpit » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:22 am

You can keep a leash on hand, and when she gets out of hand hook her up to the leash and keep her from jumping and what not. Hopefully she'll realize when she goes crazy she loses her freedom. IMO they hate to lose their freedom.
VWpit
Newborn Bully

Postby tambius » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:35 pm

I jus wanna pinch those lil' ears.....
tambius
Matured Bully

Next

Return to Introductions