Hello hello...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello hello...

Postby chootiechoo » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:50 am

Glad to join the family! :peace:
chootiechoo

con't of previous post...

Postby chootiechoo » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:32 am

Hello everyone, I forgot to formally introduce myself. :oops:

Anywho, I'm a proud owner of my mixed pit name Goliath. He's not 9 months old, very stocky and muscular. I've been inform that he's mixed american bulldog (75%) and german shepard (25%), but I don't see no shepard in him at all. ahaha. He's super friendly with humans and rough plays with other dogs, still a puppy but weighs around 60 lbs and with any chance will still try to sit on my lap. This is a new experience for me because I never had a dog as a pet before, closest I came with pets was a guinea pig name Peanut and several betta fishes. :)) So Goliath is a handful but what a rewarding experience so far. I've raised this guy since he was only two weeks old so I'm very attached to my little baby :inlove: . We have an interesting history together, to make long story short - I couldn't have wished for a better first pet. :thumbsup:
chootiechoo

typo of previous post subject "con't of previous post&q

Postby chootiechoo » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:36 am

...He's not 9 months old...

:oops: making a typo correction... "He's now 9 months old."
chootiechoo

Postby ripley6 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:38 am

:welcome:

"Goliath" - sounds like he might be one! - Ok, so spill. We want the whole story!!! :))
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:08 am

Cute pup pic do you have any more? And please I hope you are feeding him more than the Bettas? roflmao
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Howdy Chootie

Postby Cheripits » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:43 pm

Nice to welcome another face to this great pit place.
Cute pup you got there.
Enjoy that baby! :)
Cheripits

The history of Mighty Goliath...

Postby chootiechoo » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:42 pm

ripley6 wrote:"Goliath" - sounds like he might be one! - Ok, so spill. We want the whole story!!!

The story behind this cutie starts out kinda sad but everything turns out well for everyone at the end. Previously, I lived with my cousin and her family. One day, her husband came home with two adorable baby pitbulls. My cousin did not like the idea of having to care for two puppies when she already have two young boys, but truthfully, she just don't want to deal with extra work. Eventually she gave into her husband's constant nagging to keep the puppies. One problem though. The pups where only two weeks old, haven't open their eyes yet. Oh, I gave him a good lecture as well :po: ! This guy does not know the big responsiblity he's bestow upon himself and the family in the house. The reason he took them away from their mom so young because supposely the ppl he took the pups from was going to move out of state asap, so he was desperate for a free pup. Although, I never cared for a dog in my life but I'm a natural fur-ball lover and read several articles regarding caring for young pups without their mom. So for couple weeks, the three of us, his wife, him and me, bottle fed the two puppies goat milk every two-three hours. Never intended to keep the puppies for myself but wanted part in taking care of them (couldn't rest the cutie pies, see the pictures below, can't stay from those faces :inlove: ) So the moment I'm home, I'd take the babies into my room so I can keep them away from my cousin's young sons who kept either bothering the pups or poking them with something. I was totally attached to them. Took every opportunity for kodak moments, it was like they were my own children lol . One day, once the pups can open their eyes and where able to crawl out of a 12 inch boxed crate, while my cousin was asleep, they soiled the house. Oh she was angry and told her husband to get rid of them asap. That she never signed up for this thing. In some way, she was correct. She works night and in the day watches her boys, so she disliked the additional work had to keep up with the pups. Before they called anybody else, they called me if I wanted the pups. I was not happy at all. I hand raised these guys as much as they did but their bond was not as strong as mine. I told her I'll keep the pups and that she'll have to accept the fact that I have to keep them in my room, in her house. She was fine with it as long as she doesn't have to care for them no more. Believe it or not, I cared for the pups 3 months. Those babies stayed in my little room where I blocked off one side of the corner. They quickly learn paper-training. They would soil in the laid out newspaper and would sleep/play comfortably in one side. Oh they were great! You probably wonder, man, how does she tell them apart. Well, its easy when you cared for these babies since young. The older brother, name Hercules, has white stripe lining on all four of his paws and a solid white crest on his chest. The younger brother, name Goliath, has a one single stripe lining on only one of his paws, the other paws where black, and his white crest on his chest splits like a turkey wish bone. Hercules is more mischevious than Goliath. Goliath was always the follower, he always trottle behind his brother. Not only that, Hercules appears to develop quicker than his younger bro. Hercules was more taller, slimmer, very vocal little guy (barks alot), his fur is all black and always want to be by my side. Goliath, on the other hand, was more stocky, shorter in statue, bigger head, quiet, bigger paws, his fur were mixed with black and small specks of brown, and his head shows more wrinkles rather than smooth like Hercules. As the days go by, the pups always find their way out of their blocked corner, eventually they destroyed my room, ate four of my mini plants, chewed up the corners of my school books/boxes, chewed around my clothes, and soiled the other side of my room which I blocked them from. Oh it was like hurricane pup hit my room. But through it all, I just laughed and reminded myself that they are just pups and knows nothing but wanted to play and explore. And I should have secure the blockage better. But that don't seem to work because they where getting stronger and bigger by the day. So I came to realize that my pups need to find a better home/owner who can provide them more than 4 x 4 feet living quarter, my room was getting too small for 2 growing pits. I was stressed out too because I'm a fulltime student and worker. The puppies really need someone who can provide them more love and attention. So my mission was to find them a good loving home, that was my sacrifice because they deserve a better environment. At first, they found a home who can take the both of them but that didn't work out so they came back to me again. As it seem like things weren't getting any better, the pups' soil contained worms and blood was visible, so I took them to a vet. The vet tested the pups for parvo and they came out positive. After he deworm them, the vet gave me a quick and very brief info that if the pups aren't treated they will die. Oh that broke my heart. How can this be! I don't have the kind of money. He said that it'll cost me $300 for each pup to keep in his animal hospital. Luckily my boyfriend went onto a site called parvo-guard and we bought the meds for the pups and I home treated them for 4 days with each 3 hours administering them the med and fluids (I had to take time off from work without pay and missed some classes as well) because for the med to work effectively, knowing the pups lives are at stake, night and day, the pups got their med every three hours on a continous basis. Wel, believe it or not, they by-passed the deadly diease. After this ordeal, I was more determined to find them a good home because these little guys are a fighter and they are destined to live a good life, like a mother, I want the best for them. As faith carries on, Hercules found a new home, and his name was changed to Prince. As days goes by without his brother, I decided to keep Goliath and fortunately the time was decided that I wanted to move out with my family to a new house. One dog would be managable for me and my boyfriend's parents was kind enough to offer a temporary place for him (they didn't mind one dog for a short time) until I find a place. Since then, we're in-separatable. I take him out to dog parks, pet store, vet visits - all to socialize my little guy, and he's exceptionally grew into a super pet. He loves the attention he gets from strangers and eager to play with the other dogs. From time to time, I'd check on Prince. I do miss him as well. Now that I got a bigger place, I'm almost to the point of asking to have Prince back so my Goliath can have his pal back but I couldn't do that to Prince's owners because I'm sure they love him too. So I'm looking into adopting a pal for Goliath. Still searching at the moment but not in a hurry because I want to choose the right dog for me and especially for Goliath too.Well, there's our history. Hope it was as adventrous for you as it was for us :)) Below are some pics of the little mugs when they first arrived. They were two little rolly-pollies hahahha :) Goliath is truly the "Mighty Goliath", looks like he'll gobble you up but has a heart of gold and ready for some TLC from anybody. :peace:
ImageImage

On Feb 2005, Prince's owner asked me if I can pup sit for him, without thinking at all, I said yes. Don't think I let this moment go to waste, I took a pic of 'em together, a reunion after 1 months of being apart. Here's their pic at 4 months old. Man, if I didn't personally raise them, I wouldn't know they're bros lol Image
chootiechoo

Postby chootiechoo » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:55 pm

Darlazmum wrote:Cute pup pic do you have any more? And please I hope you are feeding him more than the Bettas?

yah, I do feed him more than my bettas kekeke :peace:
chootiechoo

Postby Darlazmum » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:59 pm

Great story and photos! I was hoping you were going to post one of him alone so I would know which was which lol
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

above pic of 'em 4 months, Goliath (left) and Prince (right)

Postby chootiechoo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:36 am

Darlazmum wrote:Great story and photos! I was hoping you were going to post one of him alone so I would know which was which lol

haha.. yes, I've posted a picture of him by himself. Its the one that I've responded by quoting your posting. Like the picture I took of him and his bro, he's the smaller one with brown and black fur (left) with the spiked collar, his bro is a little bigger and all black fur (right). :peace:
chootiechoo

Postby Phi » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:52 am

geez that was a long story :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Phi

Return to Introductions