Teaching New Dog Old Tricks in St Louis

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Teaching New Dog Old Tricks in St Louis

Postby DogsGoneMild » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:59 pm

My son recently joined this forum but since I have many questions about our dog I wanted to join as well. I know it is important to do some research before taking on a pit bull but in my situation I sort of inherited this dog and I am forced to learn as we go. I have many specific questions but will save those for when I am able to post in the other forum categories.
Dustin mentioned that the dog is away at the kennel. Chopper had not bitten anyone but he was definetely rough around the edges. My main hope with this initial training was to give the dog exposure to other people in a controlled situation. I know it is just a first step and hope it doesn't sound like he was sent there for punishment. As also stated by Dustin, we miss Chopper very much.

PS Friday night the kennel people thought it would be nice to leave Chopper in a room for the night instead of in the crate. Chopper then proceded to open the door to his room and went out into the main room. The first person to arrive Saturday morning had to call for Chopper's trainer before he would let them in.
DogsGoneMild

Postby BullyBreedLover » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:21 pm

Oh geez Chopper is sure cute but he does sound like a handfull. No training is good, and im sure he is getting good exposure. I would definatly sign up for obedience training with Chopper you and your son. I send my Kanga to doggy day care to keep her out of trouble while i am at work and i think thats good cause she meets a lot of people and sees a lot of other dogs. Good luck with him. I bet you miss him bunches...Oh yeah and WELCOME to the forum! 8)
BullyBreedLover

Postby Cerise » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:47 pm

Gorgeous dog, welcome to the forums.
Cerise

Postby dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:51 pm

Chopper is very handsome. Hope the training helps, I'm sure it will do wonders. The more of a handful they are the smarter they usually are as well. Good luck and Welcome!
dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net

Postby mayhem » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:40 pm

chopper looks great, nice to meet someone in here from MO.
i'm from cape girardeau MO 100 miles south of you.
mayhem

Return to Introductions