Hey everybody just joined.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hey everybody just joined.

Postby Devin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:36 am

Hi , my name is Devin . I am the leader in an organization called 2Drescue, you can check us out at www.2Drescue.com. We rescue and find homes for unwanted animals. I have 1 mini Chihuahua named isabella, 1 lab mix named Lil D, and I am gettin a red brindle red nosed pit bull this weekend. I have been a fan of pitbulls forever but just recently was able to talk my parents into letting me have one. I wanted to get a blue but they wouldn't let me spend the amount needed to get one. :sad: Oh well at least I talked them into letting me have a pit. Well thats about all I can think to say at the moment so bye. :lurk:
Devin
Pit Bull Forum Addict

welcome

Postby brotherdon » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:43 am

Keep us posted on your progress.
brotherdon

Postby BullyBreedLover » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:55 am

Are you rescuing? I hope. Welcome! Cant wait for pics of all your puppers! :))
BullyBreedLover

Postby Motodiva » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:04 am

Why spend all that money when I have the perfect red brindle pup for adoption!!!

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21938

Welcome!
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Bowans_dad » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:10 am

Your from our neck of the woods. We live just south of ya in Jonesboro, AR
Bowans_dad

Postby Devin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:46 pm

Motodiva wrote:Why spend all that money when I have the perfect red brindle pup for adoption!!!

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21938

Welcome!

I tried for a couple of weeks to find a pitbull rescue group in our area but couldn't find one. I even went to our pound everyday for 3 weeks but they didn't have any pitbulls at all. I think that they just put them to sleep or something I donno :sad:. I looked for a month before I could even find anybody breeding pitbulls around here. The only pitbulls I have seen around here are in the hood. They are mostly mixed with pitbulls tho. I did find a dog for adoption up around St.Louis that I might go get tho.

Bowans_dad I have been to Jonesboro, AR a few times before. Our football team played yall last year too . I believe we lost lol yeah we had a bad season. :oops:

BullyBreedLover Yes we rescue animals of all kinds. We just have dogs at the moment but hope to expand to other animals shortly. We had a setback because our local pound told us the only way we could adopt a dog from them and then re-adopt it out was to have a shelter's license. And we don't even know how to obtain one so...

The lady emailed me today and said that my puppy was ready. So we will either be goin to get him tonight or tomorrow. :headbang:
Devin
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Bowans_dad » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:06 pm

Any one that loses to Jonesboro is having a bad year lol. Don't matter though your doing good trying to get into rescue. Be prepared to have your heart broken but it's worth it.
Bowans_dad

Postby Devin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:14 pm

Yeah I am prepared for heart break. We also plan to become vets when we get outa highschool and college. That is a whole career full of heart breaks but its so worth it to save the animals lives.
Devin
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Bowans_dad » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:38 pm

by the way, My wife and I do rescue also. You'll be able to find a TON of people on here that will help you out.
Bowans_dad

Postby Devin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:09 pm

Good we can always use help. :) Do you have a website we can put it on our websites links if you do.
Devin
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Bowans_dad » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:27 pm

Nope we don't
Bowans_dad

Postby Devin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:36 pm

Well we paid about 30 for ours. But there are a ton of places on the net that you can make free ones. We just wanted to have a lot of webspace and everything like that. You can email my friend at Denise@2Drescue.com if you would like her to help you a little on setting a website up. If you email her just tell her that Devin said that she could help.
Devin
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Bowans_dad » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:04 pm

I meant we don't have our own rescue. We work with a German shepherd rescue out of Mississippi but she keeps a low profile and likes to do her work through people like me and my wife. We rescued a pitty about 2 weeks ago and will probably do more once we move.
Bowans_dad

Postby Devin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:47 pm

Oh thats cool.
Devin
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pitbullforever » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:01 pm

:welcome: i'm glad that you are getting involved with rescue.
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Next

Return to Introductions