Hi, we're new...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi, we're new...

Postby diablo1411 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:55 am

Hi, my name is Sarah. My boyfriend, Brent, and I will probably both be using this screenname. We have a 6 month old red-nose named Diablo. He is like our son, you know how they can be the biggest babies in the world.. :) By next spring we are hoping to breed him. We want a 7-8 month old blue female to buy to breed him with first, then continue breeding her with bigger, thicker pits. So, yeah we want to get into breeding. Well i'm sure that i will talk with some of you soon!
diablo1411

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:17 am

Hello! Welcome to the Forum! Got any pictures? I LOVE pictures! Be sure to check out the many threads on breeding, more specifically, on why NOT to breed. Please, for the love of the breed, read them with an open mind and take them to heart.
Where's Belcamp?
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:26 am

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby BullyBreedLover » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:29 am

PLEASE PLEASE read some of the posts on breeding...Dogs should at least be 2 years of age before breeding, and health tested. Our breed is in enough trouble. There at 500 pits in the shelters near my home think about how many are in the world that need homes...they are basically waiting to die. Leave the breeding to the experts who have been doing this for years. Welcome..... You will learn a lot here! :))
BullyBreedLover

Postby diablo1411 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:05 pm

yeah we have been reading about breedings and everything, and talking to the breeder that we got Diablo from so, i mean its still up in the air..i personally dont want to start breeding with living in a townhouse, it'll be hard enough with two grown pits. So maybe when we are more educated on breeding and move to a bigger house with a very nice size yard and great surroundings then we'll do it. as for pics, i dont know how to post pics but he's on my avatar, if it loaded.. :)) thanks for the welcome!
diablo1411

Postby jesseandalecia » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:34 pm

jesseandalecia
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby diablo1411 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:53 pm

thank you for the links to the threads and i will read them, i understand where you guys are coming from when you say dont get into breeding, but it's something that we want to do with the right amount of education and funds. Trust me we are not the type of people to raise unhealthy, unfit, and un-cared for dogs. We realize that there is a lot involved with breeding but that is also why we are taking our time with it. I mean Diablo isnt even old enough for that yet, so there will be a lot of time before breeding would begin. Like i said, we've just been talking about it and reading up on it. Again I appreciate the links, advice and everything... thanks :))
diablo1411

Postby damienApbt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:17 pm

welcome to the board.

we aren't an anti breeding board by any means. we just REALLY want to see it done the right way. Its extremely rare that people do it the right and responsible way.

It sounds like you're really into learning about it before you start. So take full advantage of this board and learn all you can to be the best and do the best for this breed. Anything less than the right way would be considered irresponsible breeding and doing more harm than good.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby diablo1411 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:54 pm

oh no im not saying you're anti breeding, i just wasnt expecting that when i came back to reply thats all. But yes if we do it, it will be done right. These dogs have enough media attention to make them seem like "a bad/dangerous breed", they dont need anything else to add to it, including breeders that aren't educated. I love these dogs they are the most loyal dogs i have ever seen, they dont deserve all the nasty media attention and horrible owners that they have.

I never knew how great these dogs could be until i owned one. He's like my baby, its great. He's 6 months old and he still lays on my lap and chest when he wants to go to sleep (thinks hes a lap dog). they are sweet and its ashame most people cant see that.
diablo1411

Postby dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:10 pm

Welcome to the board Diablo is very handsome (if that is him in the avatar) Great name too :thumbsup:
dami_sgirl@sbcglobal.net

Postby diablo1411 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:07 am

Diablo at 9 weeks - such a wrinkly little thing

Diablo now at 6 months - my big boy

these are all the pictures that i have to post right now, ill have some other pictures at another time.
diablo1411

Postby BullyBreedLover » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:30 am

He sure is handsome! 8)
BullyBreedLover

Return to Introductions