My Intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

My Intro

Postby ctmidwife » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:33 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Alison. I live in CT. I recently adopted a pit bull mix. Her name is Gracie. She is about 10 months old. She was a street dog in the projects of Hartford. She was apparently abused as she has only one eye. The story from the ACO in Hartford is that some guy hit Gracie in the face with something (not sure what) & that is what caused her injury. She also has a scar across the top of her head from a skull fracture - which I am sure went along with the eye injury! Poor doggie! But, she has now been living in the lap of luxury in beautiful suburban Connecticut. :thumbsup:

I have 4 children - ages 9, 7, 5, & nearly 3. They just adore Gracie. :inlove:

Gracie is my first pit bull. I grew up with Boxers. I also had a Cocker Spaniel. I am slowly learning the incredible prejudice against & misrepresentation of the breed. It's really sad.

Well, I am happy to be here.... I'll probably lurk mostly, but I love to read what others have to say!

p.s. how do I post pictures? Can I upload them from my hard drive to this forum? Thanks!
ctmidwife

Postby Q-VO » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:10 pm

Welcome and here's a link on how to upload pictures http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=57
Q-VO

Postby ctmidwife » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:18 pm

Thanks, that's great to know! So, here is my puppy, Gracie! We took her on vacation to the beach - these are some of the pics!

ctmidwife

Postby X-girl » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:30 pm

ctmidwife wrote:Image

Ack! Look at this adorable face!! lol
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Boo439 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:58 pm

Welcome to the board! Thank you SO much for giving Gracie the life she deserves. You are a wonderful person. We are very glad to have you as a member of the board. BTW, Gracie is very adorable!
Boo439

Postby ctmidwife » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:55 pm

Thanks! I think she is pretty adorable myself! Every day I think about the plight of the thousands of unwanted dogs & cats in this country and I think Miss Gracie is pretty lucky to have made it! Apparently, she was an hour away from euthanasia. :sad:

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
ctmidwife

Postby Darlazmum » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:01 pm

:thumbsup: on the rescue baby! Gracie is gorgeous and with all those litter mates(Ur babies), she sure to have a great life filled with play!
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby BullyBreedLover » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:56 am

Aww Great job on the rescue! My house is full of the misfits no one wanted....Gracie is ADORABLE! Give her a hug for me! Welcome to the forum you will love it here! :))
BullyBreedLover

Return to Introductions