Hello everyone

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello everyone

Postby Azarias » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:23 pm

My Family and happend to rescue a dog by accident and after a couple weeks of looking we (we live in a small town) still have Chance :) We ended up giving him that name since we happend to drive home a diffrent way that afternoon and he was almost hit by truck when we helped get him off the road.

Ok (long story I know) my reason for looking up this forum is I can't find out what kind of dog I have. lol I had him looked at by my Vet and she thought he was Shar Pei mix and the guy at the pound (getting his tags)thought the same thing. Put then I've had people say is that a Pit Bull or usually more like is that a Pit Bull?!?!? Any thoughts would be appreciated and if it helps any the dog is very friendly but loves to play and run. He really likes chasing things. I'm trying to corect this next behavior but he also loves to wrestle and always tries to nip at me and have me chase him or play tug of war.

[/url]
Azarias

Postby Darlazmum » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:26 pm

ooo oooo do we get to vote? Ok My vote is a Pit - shepard mix, hmmm yep. Trying to think of that little Asian dog? Jingo no, hmmm,AGH I can't think of it! Shibu Inu !!!! Could be a pit Shibu Inu MIX :))
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Azarias » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:33 pm

Thanks for posting so quickly :)

So you do think he is a Pit mix of some type? I must admit I was a little worried when people were telling me he was a Pit (having two children in the family).

But after living with the dog and reading so many positive things it really seems these dogs are the killers made out in the Media. So far Chance has been very very freindly, even to strangers and other than his chewing habbit and love to wrestle he has been an awesome dog. The chewing issue has been worked out for the most part with a ton of toys and good things to chew. I'm still working on the nipping and wanting to wrestle but this might just be a puppy thing. Well I can't wait to read more on these forums and hopefully get a lot of useful information.
Azarias

Postby Azarias » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:35 pm

lol, doh no edit button

I mean they are not the killers :oops:
Azarias

Postby Azarias » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:35 pm

great way to start off dog lovers forum.

again :oops:
Azarias

Postby Darlazmum » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:26 pm

I totally think it must have some pit in it, my pup below and to the right, it supposed to be an American Staffordshire mix and not an APBT but who knows until she's older? See how tall she is and that's when I get to choose I guess lol
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby pblove » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:34 pm

hello/welcoem here
Thank you for rescuing that cutie patootie!
I see pit bull and lab?? First pic did look like shibu inu/pit, but last pic looks like lab/pit? :tongue:
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby moongirl » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:43 pm

:welcome:
moongirl

Postby BullyBreedLover » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:57 pm

I think a lot of pit and some shepherd also...Very cute! Congrats. Thanks for saving him! :))
BullyBreedLover

Return to Introductions