A new Amstaff/ Pit Bull admirer

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

A new Amstaff/ Pit Bull admirer

Postby BraveBird » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:56 am

I am a newbie and although I do not own a pit right now, I plan on getting one in the near future and I've been researching about them. I met a beautiful, lovable pit the other day at the animal shelter that I would have loved to take home but I won't be able to get one til the end of the year due to living circumstances. I am relocating to AZ and I want to make a home with 1 or 2 pit bulls as my other children. I have 4 kids now ( human beings....lol) and want to add to my family cause I am a nurturer and absolutely not having anymore children. I joined this forum to gain information on the breed and get any advice in advance before I get my babies. I am still unsure as to get one from a shelter or get 2 pups. There were several that needed to be placed in homes and I noticed people walked by them. I am assuming they assume these dogs are vicious due to bad press. I felt so bad. So by the time I am settled, I will have resolved that dilemna. Anyways, I am carrying on so I hope to see your beautiful pics and share the wealth of your knowledge. Thanks in advance!
BraveBird

Postby Bustersmama » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:17 am

Hi and welcome! I hope you find this forum very useful. There are a LOT of people who frequent this board and are VERY knowledgable on this breed. I have learned alot! Anyways, have fun, good luck and thanks for rescuing! (when you do that is!)
Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Postby Darlazmum » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:51 pm

Welcome, and I'll add I love nurturing my baby girl after not having any more children either! I have three, you can see my posts awhile back on pics of my family

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21133

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21442

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21954

My youngest is turning 7 in a couple of weeks, we adopted her from a shelter and I'm home all day so we're having a good ol time!

That's an intro to you!
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:52 pm

Ok the 7 year old was not adopted from a shelter lol , the puppy was, when reading that that's what it sounded like roflmao
Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby heather » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:09 pm

you should consider getting one from a rescue or one that has been fostered. I liked it b/c if it doesn't work out, you know the dog has somewhere to go and you know alot more about a dog that has been in rescue or foster. my friend just pulled a bloodhound from the shelter, is having some problems--growling and stuff that never exhibited itself at the shelter. just a suggestion.

let us know when you get one--it is great you want to give a pitbull a home!! :peace:
heather
Addicted to PBF

Thanks all

Postby BraveBird » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:53 pm

Thanks for the wecomes. All of you gave me a fuzzy feeling...lol. I look forward to becoming a great mum someday soon. nice looking pups, too. The breed is just beautiful. I haven't seen an ugly one yet....lol
BraveBird

Postby Patch O' Pits » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:33 pm

Wewlcome and enjoy!
Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby willow_pigs_momma » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:59 pm

Welcome :peace: I have 2 pit crosses and 2 kids and I made sure I did the research for a kid friendly/cat friendly pit. I have great help from a bully rescue group and adopted 2 great pits. Both were fostered first so they new a lot about the dogs.
Good luck in adopting!
willow_pigs_momma

Postby ripley6 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:05 pm

:welcome:

Good for you! Puppies are great but . . . oooh, there are so many beautiful, great dogs in rescue, and already temperment tested, so you could all meet them and see how everyone gets along . . .
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Lenne » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:21 am

welcome!
your dog is cute!
i like it :)
Lenne

Return to Introductions