Hello from Chicago

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Chicago

Postby Elwood » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:12 pm

Name is Dave. I'm a medic here in chicago and saved my first bully breed here one year ago July 4th.

We saved/adopted another one a couple days ago. I only have pics of one at the moment....im kinda camera/computer challenged :)) so we'll see when Kreutz gets put up here.

In the meantime, this is "pretty". We dont like the name, but we're working on getting her to respond to "wendy'.

**And yes, i know, her nails are incredibly, unhealthy long. Like i said, we got her two days ago. She turns into a mankiller if you try to clip her nails apparently, so we're going into our guys tomorrow with 4 people and a muzzle.**

Anyway, it's good to be part of another message board. :headbang:

Elwood

Postby rednoseErnie » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:37 pm

Welcome, and I like your quote!
:)
rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby Scooch&Beau » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:18 pm

Dave-

CONGRATULATIONS! I don't know if you remember me or not, but my names Drew (this is my gfriends name hints the meggierae). We emailed back and forth a little while ago. I had Gabby listed on PBRC and I volunteer with Casey Martinez, the one who listed the brindle female you originally filled out an app for??? I'm soooo glad to hear you found a Kreutz a sister/gfriend. I recognized your name in your intro because of your first rescues very unique name. Anyways, congratulations on adopting the newest member of your family! Wendy is beautiful! I love the smile in the second pic.
Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Postby Marilyn » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:37 pm

Lovely-looking dog you have there! I'm in Chicago too! You'll see me every weekend at the dog beach!
Marilyn

Postby saturn2 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:05 pm

:welcome: Pretty/Wendy is gorgeous. Looking forward to pics of Kreutz.

~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Elwood » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:05 pm

alright....another chi-towner! Yeah, i'm usually at the beach with Kreutz (wilson street im assuming), he loves to fetch his tennis ball in the water. However, Wendy/Pretty is a runner at this point. She came down with a terrible case of parvo that she barely escaped from (less than 24 hours to euthanization and she turned it 180 degrees!) and the previous owners think that that has had a little to do with her off leash training.

Either way, we're working on it immensley and plan to get her to the beach before the end of the summer. She got to Southport ave street festival last night and experienced her first live music, crowded area and man did she have a blast. Listened to Edwin Mcain while Pretty and kruetz showered a little toddler with love and kisses....it was funny. I love chiago....so bully breed friendly and accepting.

And DREW! nice to see a familiar face already around here. I was planning on emailing you about it. The first dog we applied to save/adopt was put to sleep less than 12 before after i inquired. healthy, vibrant, loving 1 year old girl put down...man i hate thinking about it.

Marilyn, i'll PM you sometime we should get together.

thanks for the welcome guys!
Elwood

Postby Elwood » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:13 pm

i didnt see an edit, but, Drew: a little background...all of our dogs are named after chicago bears players (we love the bears) Olin Kreutz is a multiple year pro bowler that plays center for the Bears. Wendy Kreutz, in real life, is his wife. We thought it fits.

within the family we also Have Ditka (a little fat pug), Otis (after Otis Wilson, a skinny little pug) and our beloved but passed pug, Bare. Spelled it different, but same concept.

By the way, does anyone have any other suggestions for helping loose stools when transitioning diets besides pumpkin?? The pure pumpkin has worked, but i dont know how long Wendy is going to take to adjust to BARF (and yes, this diet i swear by, non-supporters: i wont swing it) and i dont know if shes gonna get tired of pumpkin. Any suggestions will do! thanks!
Elwood

Return to Introductions