New Pit Bull Owner

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
strider

New Pit Bull Owner

Postby strider » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:04 am

Well I must confess, I was one of those misinformed, opionionated idiots regarding pit bulls. I would never own a pit, I told myself. Well my beloved Old English Sheepdog died last September from old age. After a couple of months we were ready for another dog. A guy I work with had 4 adult pits and a litter of pits on the way and was in the process of moving and had a new baby. One of his pits was a 1 1/2 male brindle pit. He told me along with several other guys that this was a really good dog. Housetrained, some obedience training. He assured me if it didn't work out I could bring him back. Ok I said, I'll give him a try. Well that was Thanksgiving of 2004. On the way home, I looked at him and was immediately given the biggest kiss I had ever received right on the mouth. We have had him for 8 months now and he has definetly worked out. He is the most awesome dog. He loves everyone including my cat. He is truly a wonderful family pet and adores everyone. He is a big part of our family. When my 12 year old has scouts, he always wants me to bring Strider along so he can show him off. He is a big hit with the other boy scouts, the ones that were not afraid. Needless to say, I am a pit lover and advocate of the breed. In fact, we have talked about the possibility of getting a female pit so our male will have someone to play with when we are not home and can't take him with us. Thanks for this forum.

heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby heather » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:29 am

welcome to the board!!! What a great story! I love those turnaround stories!! :)

BullyBreedLover

Postby BullyBreedLover » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:36 pm

Welcome! Wheres the pics? :))

pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgrl » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:14 pm

:welcome:

Return to “Introductions”