Philadelphia, PA

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Philadelphia, PA

Postby slechner » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:49 am

Hi, i've been busy with cat rescue and trap-neuter-return in west philly, but would like to get more involved with pb-issues. i have a 3 yr old pitty that i found a couple of years ago, that has caused me to become obsessed about any and all pitty-related items. it's totally pathetic.

is anyone located in or near philly?
slechner

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:29 pm

You are about an 1 1/2 from me!

Welcome to the forums

Enjoy
Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby willow_pigs_momma » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:40 am

Welcome
I too became Pit crazy and now have 2 Pits in 2 months (lol)
willow_pigs_momma

Postby slechner » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:59 am

cool, and we're looking to move to fraser valley-area in a year or so. we just spent time looking at neighborhoods in the maple ridge/pitt moody/mission area. i know vancouver, within the city, has BSL but how are they in the eastern suburbs?

and NJ, i read that they're trying to pass BSL over there? is that recent news?
slechner

welcome

Postby Reese » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:05 am

welcome slechner... I am from northeastern PA (Scranton/Wilkes Barre Area) no BSL here, although we had a close call about a month ago but just in one town.

Glad to have another fanatical PA Pitty lover here!
Reese

Postby ripley6 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:37 am

:welcome:

- I'm an accidental pittie owner - but quickly obsessed, too!
ripley6
Forum Junky

pa/nj/de pitty foster homes?

Postby slechner » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:31 pm

hey gang, i found a pitty in the middle of the road this morning! don't worry, now she's in my backyard. a very overused breeder girl, it seems. and it doesn't appear she was hit by a car, but her nails have curved around and press against her foot pads. so i'm going to get her all fixed-up at the vet, but:

do you know of any groups or any individuals that have a spot in foster care for her? that is, if she's in good health. i would love to keep her because she looks like my pitty's mom, but i'm full-up with cat fosters.
slechner

Postby slechner » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:00 pm

slechner

Postby damienApbt » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:29 pm

i live in phillly... right on south street.

i may be able to find some help.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby slechner » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:56 am

thanks, lindsay is a friend that runs the chic petique on 3d and south. she and i are (hopefully) going to hook-up today and arrange her vet care. but i don't know if she has foster space. but the vet might say she has some serious issues. i think i noticed clouding in her eyes last night (glaucoma). which might be wrong because her teeth didn't seem that bad. maybe a detached retina? who knows--this girl is OLD. i'll post an update after i meet lindsay.
slechner

Postby BullyBreedLover » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:25 am

WELCOME! I am from Allentown area about 45 minutes from you. I also just got a pitty about 10 months ago, never thought about getting one it just kinda happend! NOW IM ADDICTED! hehe What a beautiful old girl you found there...Why dont i find pits? haha Maybe i shouldnt say that. Good luck and keep us updated! :peace:
BullyBreedLover

Postby slechner » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:05 am

oh, you shouldn't say that! unless you're very sure you want another. i was actually THINKING that i'd like to help with pitty rescue and.....there she is! but whatever fate that put her there didn't hear the rest of my thought.....'AFTER i get rid of the foster cats'!
slechner

Postby Zoebiwan » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:10 am

:welcome:
Zoebiwan

Postby damienApbt » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:45 pm

i know lindsay.. i buy my food from her store all the time. she helped me when i had a foster cane corso. let us know how it goes.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby slechner » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:46 pm

well, lindsay stopped by and met mama....who displayed some, er, aggressive tendencies towards her. like growling and curling her lip. needless to say, with that kind of temperment and her health issues, we went to my vet and euthanized her. i mean, she was (kind of) nice to me, but made me a little nervous because she would growl if a cat got near her or the neighbor's dog was in their yard (she was outside). ugh. i feel awful, but there are so many adoptable dogs that need homes!! AND, she looked just like my pitty so i kept thinking she had the same temperment (frankly, i imagined she was his mom). but she did have some serious health issues and the tech guessed she was in her 'teens. which, as a breeder, would have taken quite a toll. poor mama, she probably had her best two days while i had her. and they weren't even that great. but i was there to scritch her head. boo hoo...i'm pathetic.
slechner

Next

Return to Introductions