New and sad from TN

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New and sad from TN

Postby 10-2-pits » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Hello, my name is Ella and i'm in TN. I am currently preparring to bring a new pit in my home( a sad story with my previous love Demira, short story maintence at apts let her out and then chased her off while i was not home, they were doing an inspection because i was moving. of course they deny it but my neighbors caught them) i looked for her for years and sometimes swear i see her, shes just stuck in my heart. I am currently said with all the BSL drama, and outraged with a local community in TN (which i found out 20min ago, banned any new pits from the county). I am on a mission to find ways to fight for our breed and educate my children. I have ideas but trying to find where to put them to use. I am having a hard time finding people in my community that share my passion for our dogs. I relized recently, the excitment in someones face when you start to talk about pits, is not always because of the same passion. Well I welcome any pit lover that wants to talk or any ideas on fighting for the rights of our dogs. thanks Ella :)
10-2-pits

Postby ripley6 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:58 am

:welcome: Hi!

:crybaby: That's so sad about your pup! But you have come to the right place to connect with rescuers and true lovers of the breed.

fighters :fire: :yucky:
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby wax » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:48 am

Welcome! I am from TN also. I live in Murfreesboro. What community in nashville banned pittys?
wax

thanks

Postby 10-2-pits » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:22 am

Hey, thanks for responding and your friendly welcome. Glad to see someone here from my local area. The ban was passed yesterday in sparta, TN, and restrictions in counties like sumner. they are following from the little girl and her grandmothers pitbull mishap. which i dont buy the girls story that lead to the event, nor do i agree with the way the mother handled the situation. did you hear about it. i want to fight these bans.
10-2-pits

Re: thanks

Postby wax » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:46 am

10-2-pits wrote:Hey, thanks for responding and your friendly welcome. Glad to see someone here from my local area. The ban was passed yesterday in sparta, TN, and restrictions in counties like sumner. they are following from the little girl and her grandmothers pitbull mishap. which i dont buy the girls story that lead to the event, nor do i agree with the way the mother handled the situation. did you hear about it. i want to fight these bans.

Oh i remember hearing about that one. I think something else was going on there. I dont believe the girls story.
wax

Postby 10-2-pits » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:53 am

I completly agree!!
10-2-pits

Postby wax » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:08 pm

Kids will lie about anything to not get into trouble. They are especially going to lie if their sister was attacked by a dog, then both dogs were shot. There is a big piece missing that the kids are not telling. IMO.
wax

Postby 10-2-pits » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:15 pm

I completly agree, and the way the mother handled the situation was completly out of line. she even wanted them to shot the puppies she had, they wouldn't and they were given away. now what does her behavior say to those kids and for how those dogs were treated. if she truely cared for animals at all esp. a family dog she would not lash out at all pits. it really just seems as if there is something hidden here the family is hiding. no wonder our dogs have a bad rap, if you see in the media the portrayal of this family, not the ones who love, train and care for our dogs. i mean you don't see pits visiting nursing homes on the news, but it happens every day.
10-2-pits

Postby loon123 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:45 pm

That sucks. We just got back from TN, and are seriously thinking about a possible move, maybe around Maryville or Townsend, looks like those are BSL-free, at least for now. Let me know if there's anything I should know, or can do to help!
loon123

Postby 10-2-pits » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:00 pm

is that your friend in the pic, BEAUTIFUL. i'll let you know of the updates, and i will most certianly fight to make sure the silly'nes does not spread to the other counties. for the most part we are widely accepted in TN, although would not recommend memphis. so did you like TN for the most part. I moved to FL for a short time but i missed nashville. thanks for the response and tell your friend hello.
10-2-pits

Postby loon123 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:11 pm

Yeah, that's Chopper, my 14 mo. old boy. Thanks!
Yes, I really like TN. We were on motorcycles. Good riding in the area, except you have to watch for people crossing the center line on the curves. We rode Deal's Gap. We are wanting a warmer climate where we can spend more time outdoors. I think Chopper would like it, don't you? We can hike and swim, etc.! We were in Nashville earlier this year for the HOG rally, traffic was baaad! Not interested in Memphis either. I hear around Knoxville is nice, and housing is affordable, too.
I wanted to go tubing while we were there, but didn't get to. Headed home early, (hubby's idea) but he is the one who really wants to move there bad!
I had wanted to be closer to the ocean, but I think I will like the changing seasons in TN, and shorter winters.
loon123

Postby 10-2-pits » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:20 pm

I agree, i thought i would like being close to the beach, i was in tampa. but i hardly ever got to go, plus a lot of visitors. everyone you know wants to "come see you" and when you go our furry friend have to watch out for jelly fish, they are always in the shallow water. Around knoxville (very nice) mountains the fall beaustiful. and lakes fun and safer than the ocean. my dogs loved the lake. and it is much cheaper (homes) here then fl. oh and you'll at least be closer for a weekend trip to the beach. I travel frequently back to tampa cause my moms there. Oh now hurricans, and because most of TN is in a valley not much of a threat for tornados. so did i sell it? lol
10-2-pits

Postby loon123 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:50 pm

Oh yeah, that all sounds great! We probably have to wait to sell our house though :sad:
My husband should also get his foot operated on, and put the house on the market after that, but we'll see...
loon123

Postby 10-2-pits » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:20 pm

good luck , keep me posted, and let me know if there's anything i can do to help. i know our local news has help on its web site about the area community, you know crime rate, schools , events, etc, so you may want to find the local news web sites for the area you have in mind and check out what the say. just an idea. keep me posted. good luck.
10-2-pits

Postby BullyBreedLover » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:50 pm

WELCOME! Sorry about your dog. Good luck with your new rescue when you get him or her! :))
BullyBreedLover

Next

Return to Introductions