My Introduction

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
LA's Bella Blue

thanks

Postby LA's Bella Blue » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:14 am

its good to know that not everyone is anti-pit. no one is going to scare me off. im not that easily shaken, only jaded by my first experience on this forum. I researched the breed for two years before i got my first pit bull. i did not have the place for a dog with so much energy, but my situation changed and now i am back in the country so i am going to breed away. IMO the modern pit bull, similar to Patch O pits dog, is the MOST beautiful animal on four legs. [/b]I like pit bulls more than people. that is a serious statement. I do what I do when I want to do it, ive always been that way, and no amount of crying and moaning from over opinionated A-holes is going to persuade me otherwise. :thumbsup:

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:29 am

I do what I do when I want to do it, ive always been that way, and no amount of crying and moaning from over opinionated A-holes is going to persuade me otherwise. thumbsup

I hear this same statemenet from the kindergarten kids I work with every day.
Your choice of words and your insults are showing that you a very intelligent person.It is sad that posts are removed, when people try to put some salt and responsability on someone's head, but yet folks like you stay here to be "educated" when it is obvious that anything in the world would get over your selfishness and careless.Back yard breeder and proud of it... :clap

LA's Bella Blue

ha ha

Postby LA's Bella Blue » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:39 am

thanks RED :peace:

Itsapitty
Super Bully

Postby Itsapitty » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:06 pm

:fire: I'm playing devils advocate here....

You know, they say that men don't understand the drive - that biological clock - that women have for having a baby. But clearly some men have their own biological drives - only they apply to dogs.

You ever hear of anyone able to talk a woman out of wanting a baby?

Try to talk a man out of wanting his own pit bull puppies!

While I believe that this breed is in serious jeopardy because of irresponsible breeding and owners, trying to convince someone that they shouldn't breed their dog is like trying to talk a woman out of wanting baby... logic doesn't do a whole lot of good.

Consider the following arguments:
'There are thousands of starving, dying pitbulls in the country'; 'there are so many pitbulls who need good homes'; 'there are so many abused & neglected pitbulls out there'...

Now take those statements and substitute 'children' for 'pitbulls'. You think making those arguments to a woman whose clock is ticking is going to make a difference in her decision to have a baby? It's going to do just as little for someone with a desire for dogs.

What can you do but encourage people with the need to breed to get health checks, championships, etc and to learn as much as they can about being a responsible breeder from forums like these.

LA's Bella Blue

i agree

Postby LA's Bella Blue » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:01 pm

very good point itsapity. and i have to agree with you. there are probably more pit bull related dogs in shelters than any other breed of dog, likely brought about by the irresponsibility of breeders. this is one of the reasons i did not get a 150 dollar yard dog to breed. dont get me wrong i love my 150 dollar yard pit and i wouldnt trade him for anything in the world, but i would never breed him because for that amount of money any billy bob or joe blow could buy the dog and use it for something unacceptable, papers or not. dont get me wrong, somebody could buy a dog for 2000 and still have bad intentions, but i will sceen people before they can even see my dogs. another is that i like to raise my animals from the youngest age possible so i can have stronger bonds with them. IMO, its harder to see "eye to eye" with an older dog that you didnt raise than it is to a pup.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:58 am

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're opting to stick around. It is too late to stop you from breeding this girl, but hopefully there are still things you can learn here.

Just to clarify: This is not an anti-Pit Bull board at all. This board has a high population of rescuers, who spend a lot of time and money cleaning up after people who have carelessly bred dogs. Some of them could be a bit nicer about how they say things, but I'd like to think that everybody here who has spoke against your breeding did so because they truly care about the breed and its future.

The APBT is going through an overpopulation problem of epidemic proportions, and its being reflected in the BSL that's being passed everywhere. Even with those who responsibly breed, there is a trickle-down effect. A home that could be opened to a rescue dog or puppy will instead be buying one of your dogs. And unless you spay/neuter all the puppies you produce, you also have to consider all the puppies that they are going to produce.

I've been in the breeding situation before, and I wish I never had done it, because its so hard to find homes that are as good as your own. And while it was very easy to justify breeding our girl back then, it is very hard now to even think about it, because all those "great homes" turned out to be garbage after that puppy newness wore off. The dogs we made got shot, turned loose, dumped, given back when they got Parvo because the new owners dropped the ball on the shots, hit by cars, and who knows what else. Its just not worth it.

Nobody is trying to insinuate that you don't take good care of your dogs. Hopefully after this litter you will decide to spay your girl and just enjoy her. There is no shortage of good dogs in this world, including the mess of them in rescue.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:37 pm

Some of them could be a bit nicer about how they say things, but I'd like to think that everybody here who has spoke against your breeding did so because they truly care about the breed and its future

We shall be a bit nicer when a BYB is throwing puppies out there and calling people who care assh*les? Some people can't be educated, no matter what and how we say things, a few post should give you an idea on how many chances of education there are.Someone who tells you "I do what I want and when I want" is pretty easy to figure out.
If you expect folks here to put aside the reality of what they deal with everyday and watch what they say then this should start with who is only adding more problems for this breed but won't accept nor aknowledge this reality.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:45 pm

Some can't be educated, but some can. If he refuses to learn and goes down the path of BYB, he wont last on this board. I don't expect people to put aside reality, but part of that reality is that if you yell at someone, they'll run away to a pro-BYB board and not learn anything but how to line their own pockets at the expense of the breed.

Marilyn

Postby Marilyn » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:54 pm

I'm so confused!!! Did we already have this thread, or was it someone else??? Anyways:

Welcome!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Good to see you here. I'm going through a "puppy crisis" over here. I didn't breed a litter, but I am fostering one and I encourage you to post in other areas and join our discussions. I've learned so much from everyone here and I don't think I would've made it through these past 6 weeks without all the great advice. Five of the foster pups will be going to new homes and I have two females I haven't been able to place. I've been sick with worry about letting these pups go. I've screened carefully, but I'm still nervous. Will the new owners care for them properly? What if something comes up? I've gotten them microchipped so hopefully I'll know if something goes wrong.

Are you planning on keeping the puppies or will you be placing them? I believe your original post says, in my own words 8) , that you are trying to create your ideal dog. What is your vision? This may be an appropriate post for the general section. What are the goals of your breeding program?

fawn_faith

sorry it took so long...

Postby fawn_faith » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:32 pm

hey. sorry it took so long to get back to you on that reply. my comp. crashed so now i'm going to have to get more pix of jake(brindle male). but here is a link for you to go to so you can see some pics of a few of my dogs. i hope you like them all and please hit me eith some feedback...

www.picturetrail.com/pitty_princess

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:51 pm

Welcome to the board. Back in the day I used to want to breed dogs, however I realized that the world-over there was an immense over-population problem, and opted to instead help as best I could with what I call other peoples' irresponsibility.
With that said however, I am not saying that all 'registered' breeders are irresponsible for adding to the over-population problem. Sometimes it's good to have some amount of 'control' and 'restrictions' upon breeding, to create more defined, 'with-in breeding standards' of registries kinds of puppies, and selling them to responsible owners - who hopefully sign a clause that they will have their pup fixed (wishful thinking).
However there is definately a sensitivity that you will (and have) see(n) on this forum about over-population and neglected, abandoned, abused, pits. The people on here are incredible pit lovers who go to astounding extremes for their beloved breed.
Again to clarify - we on here love this breed to the point that we do not want puppies/dogs to encounter the horrific fates that so many do each and every day and thus opt to tell the world over to not bring more into this world - but that if they do, to try their darndest to make sure they get the best home ever.
And again, welcome!

LA's Bella Blue

drama

Postby LA's Bella Blue » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:32 pm

this could go on forever, im done. :peace:

Return to “Introductions”