Hi, I'm New!!!!!!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Bossy Pit Bull

Hi, I'm New!!!!!!!

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:56 pm

Hi everybody!!!!My name is Sara. I live in sunny Florida with my pit bulls Boss, Lexus, and Saber. I am currently going to college to become a veterinarian and work at a vet as a technician.
I was never really into pit bulls until about a year ago. I always loved animals and never thought anything bad about the breed, but I never really gave owning one much thought. That was until I met Boss. One day, my boyfriend Jeff, my roommate Jessica, and I went to Subway for dinner. Sitting at the window we saw a cute little dog walking back and forth out on the sidewalk, licking people as they walked by, but nobody wanted anything to do with him. Being that my roommate and I work at the same vet, we decided to take him in and find his home. But we discovered that he had no collar, no microchip, and was severely underweight and beaten(either by person or another dog). He was bloody and scarred up. We knew from then on he didn't have a home and we saw that he was young enough, about 9 months old, to be broken of whatever he had been through. He then weighed around 33 pounds. Now, almost a year later, he weighs a comfortable 63 pounds and is pure love. He used to be VERY dog aggressive but we broke him of that, but will kill a cat on site. We have no cats though so that could be dealt with. To make a long story somewhat short, I now have a 12 week old pit pup and a 1 1/2 year old 100% Razor's Edge blue brindle female, UKC and ADBA registered. I am currently looking into breeding her.

That's my intro. Sorry it's so long. :peace:

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:08 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:03 am

:welcome:

BullyLover22

Postby BullyLover22 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:26 am

Hello my name is Ashley. I also have a adolestent blue female (Molly). I was just wondering......is yours a pain in the butt also? I don't know what it is. I also have two, two-year males (Damon & K.) And they are just so good and well mannered and always have been. Well I was just wondering if you had any words of wisdom.

BullyLover22

Postby BullyLover22 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:45 am

This is her "I promise I wasn't doing anything face!"

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL549/40 ... 174498.jpg

Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:09 pm

Hi Ashley. Yes, my female is a pain. She's so sweet though. They all are. But she is very eager to please. Are you going to breed yours?

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forums...

Just curious as to why you feel your dog is breeding quality?

Swan
Bully Ambassador
Location: In my own world but havent figured out what to call it...

Postby Swan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:23 pm

:headbang: :headbang:

BullyLover22

Postby BullyLover22 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:56 pm

I am not sure....I want to get in to showing her first to make sure if I do breed her it's with the right type of dog. I also want to see what experts say about her. :)) DO you have any pics of yours?

Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:17 am

Well, I went to go visit the breeder that won the Eukanuba Ternimant of Champions with one of his dogs. He breeds Staffordshires and American Pit Bull Terriers. He said my dog is awsome bredding quality. She also has a very goods tempermant. Her pedigree lists many Grand Champions and her ancestors include Razor's Edge Throwin' Knuckles, Sadey's Paddington, Inna Rage, For Ever Junior, Causin' A Ruckus, Watuka Spirit.....must I go on.

If your really curious, all of their pictures are all over the internet and won many, many awards.

That's why I think my dog is breeding quality.

Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:55 am

I'm trying to figure out how to put a picture of her on here, can anybody help me out? Thanks[/img]

Spunkler

Postby Spunkler » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:33 am

well even if her pedigree seems awesome in most peoples opinions here with all the overpopulation of pit bulls in the world atm unless your dog has conformation/working titles health testing and temperment testing and also if the stud doesnt have the same then there is really no reason for the dog to be bred (not that your dogs arent wonderful)

Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:08 am

Well, I look at it this way. All those pit bulls in the shelters are there for a reason. Sure, some are wonderful dogs that people just didn't want, I know, because I have one I took in. It is very important for the breed that these dogs are bred properly with great tempermants and great health. Those pits in the shelter may be the reason the breed has a bad name. Their backgrounds are almost always unknown, and, it makes it easier for people who want to fight these dogs to get one. These lowlife people who fight dogs are most likely not going to pay a large amount of money for them and they don't care what they look like.

I am all for adopting pit bulls out of shelters, but there is no gaurantee to what you might get. Good breeding asures the potential buyer to what they are spending so much money on, of course, depending on how that person treats the dog.

I'm not breeding for money or to be the jerk who is guilty of killing shelter animals. I'm doing it because I love the breed and I want to make people see the best of the breed.

Besides, the world is also heavily over populated with people and homeless children. Does that stop people from having their own children.....no.

Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jp » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:41 am

Bossy Pit Bull wrote:Well, I look at it this way. All those pit bulls in the shelters are there for a reason. Sure, some are wonderful dogs that people just didn't want, I know, because I have one I took in. It is very important for the breed that these dogs are bred properly with great tempermants and great health. Those pits in the shelter may be the reason the breed has a bad name. Their backgrounds are almost always unknown, and, it makes it easier for people who want to fight these dogs to get one. These lowlife people who fight dogs are most likely not going to pay a large amount of money for them and they don't care what they look like.
I am all for adopting pit bulls out of shelters, but there is no gaurantee to what you might get. Good breeding asures the potential buyer to what they are spending so much money on, of course, depending on how that person treats the dog.

I'm not breeding for money or to be the jerk who is guilty of killing shelter animals. I'm doing it because I love the breed and I want to make people see the best of the breed.

Besides, the world is also heavily over populated with people and homeless children. Does that stop people from having their own children.....no.

You're whole statement and thinking process is just ridiculous.
yes, shelter dogs are there for a reason, they are there because of people who are scum.

Shelter dogs are the reason why pitbulls have a bad name? Excuse me? I don't think so! Crappy breeders are what give pitbulls the bad rap, because they like their dogs background or personality and feel it justifies them to breed :roll: Those shelter pitbulls came from somewhere you know...where do you think your shelter pitbull came from? Probably a person who felt their dog was worthy enough to be bred.

Fighters won't pay a ridiculous amount for a pitbull, because they don't care what they look like? Money doesn't deter people who fight dogs.
What deters them from getting a pitbull is the process to get one, whether from a shelter or an ethical breeder, applications, home checks, background/vet checks, etc.

Good breeding asures the potential buyer to what they are spending so much money on

I'm not breeding for money

:roll: money assures everything in this world doesn't it?????????!!!!!!!!

Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:49 pm

Wow, you totally took what I said and turned it upside down. I know that it's not just those pit bulls from the shelter that give them a bad rep. It's how they were brought up and how they were bred. Those same scum bags who put their dogs in the shelters probably didn't know how to take care of a dog or abused it.

I didn't say money assures EVERYTHING. The breeding does though.
And you're somewhat right on how the process deters people who fight them. What do you think I'm going to do, just dump a puupy off to anyone who gives me $1000. I don't think so.

Where do I think a shelter pit bull came from....a crappy breeder. Very few people would dump off a $2000 dog at a shelter, they would most likely find a good friend to take it or sell it. At the shelter they make you fill out applications and everything, making you think that they actually look into it, but they don't. You pay like ,$75 and walk out with a dog. Therefor, it's easy to go in and get a fighting dog.

Money doesn't assure everything in this world, just because you may not have that money doesn't mean you should attack me about breeding dogs.

I LOVE THE BREED AND WANT TO BETTER THE BREED, THAT'S WHY I'M GOING TO DO IT.

Return to “Introductions”