Hi, I'm New!!!!!!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:04 pm

You know, maybe I shouldn't talk about breeding anymore...maybe I should just agree with you and watch the breed go to sh*t. If all the pit breeders would just stop breeding what would the breed come to? Nothing, just a bunch of poorly bred dogs. You're right though....why would I want to breed a perfectly well rounded dog who is show quality, inside and out, has many grand champions in her pedigree, and is awesome when it comes to breed standards. Why would I breed her, that's a stupid question, but....you're right.

Just agree to disagree

Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Motodiva » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:17 pm

Where do I think a shelter pit bull came from....a crappy breeder. Very few people would dump off a $2000 dog at a shelter, they would most likely find a good friend to take it or sell it.

Really? I believe this section is only for introductions, so... welcome. However, for the record I found your shelter comments VERY offensive. Hopefully I just took it the wrong way. At any rate, I will save that for some other thread. Here's some food for thought on your theory about expensive dogs.

P.S. I am familiar with many of the dogs you listed on the pedigree, but would not consider breedability on pedigree alone, muchless that one.

From Recycle-a-bull (and the link with pictures):

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=26090&highlight=rescue+blue+gotti
OK, so here is the deal. Dogs arrived fine. I'm not sure who shipped them, but they did a hellofa good job packing them up and they arrived in great shape.

The blue female is being evaluated before being offered for adoption. She has some temperament issues we need to scope out. Here is a head shot.

Then there is the male. A friendly, duffie Am Staff. I have named him "Gotti" for obvious reasons... He is SHORT. He is not really what I would call a "blue", more of a blue/tan dilute thing going on.

Some schmuck paid $3400 for this dog!!! I'm sure he was "pick pup" from some "big name kennel"

However, we are offering him for our usual $125 microchipped, all shots, neutered and started in training. I don't know the whole story on this dog, I'm just the driver! If you are interested in Gotti, or want info, Kirstan knows his whole story. I know he was bought as a breeding dog. Kirstan can be reached at recycle-a-bull@hotmail.com

Sanya

Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jp » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:42 pm

just because you may not have that money doesn't mean you should attack me about breeding dogs.

roflmao roflmao roflmao :thumbsup: that's what you understand from me criticizing you? I don't have the money?!! lol

I can agree to disagree, but I think before you actually are 100% on breeding you should really research and gain more knowledge of what it is all about. Just because your dog is show quality and has grand champions in her background does not justify breeding her. Don't worry the breed has already been going to sh*t with the low and wide's being bred :roll:

BullyVW
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BullyVW » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:02 pm

Umm....welcome...I suggest you post breeding comments in another section...and start to listen. It's apparent by your reactions (although some posts are a little harsh) that you have much to learn. Oh, and, unfrotunatley, many $2000 pit bulls end up in shelters. Money does not buy intelligence..and some owenrs get dumber with each "puff, puff, give".

Odnarb

Postby Odnarb » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:32 pm

Bossy Pit Bull wrote:I LOVE THE BREED AND WANT TO BETTER THE BREED, THAT'S WHY I'M GOING TO DO IT.

Well, deciding whether or not a dog is worthy of breeding takes a lot more than its pedigree. Have you shown your dog in conformation or a performance event? If so, how did she do?

What are her hip and elbow scores? Has she been cleared by a board certified cardiologist? I'm sure you have taken these things into consideration, as anything less is blatantly irresponsible.

Welcome to the board :)

Sariss
Bully Ambassador

Postby Sariss » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:44 pm

Bossy Pit Bull wrote:I LOVE THE BREED AND WANT TO BETTER THE BREED, THAT'S WHY I'M GOING TO DO IT.

If you truley DID love this breed, and you REALLY wanted to better it, then you would realise that not every dog is worthy of breeding. What if EVERYONE with a Pitbull decided "hey, I love the breed, so Im going to breed my dog!"? Come on. If you want to help the breed, you won't add to the overpopulation. And in order to "better the breed", I hope the dog you are showing does not only pass all health tests with flying colours (and none of this "oh, a vet looked at him" crap), I hope she's a champion who wins nearly every show she goes to, and I sure hope she has some titles, and is temperment tested and DNA tested. Then maybe spend some time at a shelter when 70% of the dogs there are Pitbulls, and probably 70% of those Pitbulls came from "breeders" who wanted nothing more than to "better the breed".

Sariss
Bully Ambassador

Postby Sariss » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:44 pm

Oh yeah, and welcome to the board. Don't mind me, I'm in a grouchy mood. lol

Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Postby Bustersmama » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:06 pm

i dont know what to say...this keeps happening like clockwork around here.

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you think things through before you decide to breed your dog. On this forum your a litterally surrounded by people who love this breed, who KNOW this breed and who do all they can everyday to fix what people (potentially like you ) do to screw it up. There are breeders on this forum who have generation after generation of health tested, temperament tested and titled dogs but chose NOT to breed because of the crisis the pit bull breed is in right now. What gives YOU the right to breed your dog?

I am sorry for sounding so harsh about this, but people similar to you are a dime a dozen. Half of those come to this forum with the same reasoning YOU have for breeding...why cant you people see that for every puppy that YOU sell 10 die in a shelter. ( how utterly OFFENSIVE your statement was about shelter dogs BTW)

Please stick around...and try to educate yourself on the what the REAL pit bull problem is. Cause it aint what you think.

Sarah

LoveABull

Postby LoveABull » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:51 am

welcome....personally, i don't give two flips if you decide to breed your dog... more power to you... we DO need a few people keeping the breed alive.... HOWEVER.... papers alone aren't worth breeding on... let me say that again... let it sink in... PAPERS ALONE AREN'T WORTH BREEDING ON!!!!!!!! right now, thats all you have. This breed is in a tail-spin right now, and breeding because "she comes from champion lines and has a good temperment" just isn't good enough... thats what ALOT of people say, and its thinking like that which is the reason my parents got a PUREBRED Rotwellier from an animal shelter... and why I have what appears to be a purebred Pit Bull, also from an animal shelter.... there's TOO D**** MANY OF THEM. the UKC registered over 250,000 new pit bulls in 1999... thats more than the "most popular dog in the USA", the Lab...and of course thats NOT including all the people who didn't bother to register.... If you want to breed your dog, please PLEASE PLEASE prove her first... show her or work her or something.... AND (especially considering the lineage you mention) please PLEASE PLEASE HEALTH TEST before you begin breeding... bare minimum test the hips, elbows, heart, eyes, and thyroid (i think i got everything)

all that being said... i would like to see pics when you can get them up... sounds like you have lovely dogs.

Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Postby Scooch&Beau » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:21 am

Bossy Pit Bull wrote:Those pits in the shelter may be the reason the breed has a bad name.

Please take a look at this link, http://mprgroup.net/happy.html 99% of those dogs were from our local shelter. You are completely and totally wrong in making the statement that you did. The reason the breed has a bad name is because of backyard breeders and irresponsible owners.

Here is a chart comparing BYB's vs. Responsible/Ethical Breeder's -

http://www.mprgroup.net/misc/breeding2.html

Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:43 am

Geez, I was hoping I would find people here who love the breed. :po:

:roll: Where don't people understand me...I LOVE SHELTER DOGS TOO!!!!! I HAVE ONE! I know they can be great, awesome, loving, intelligent dogs.

Who said I am only breeding vecause of the papers? Hello...I personally know the guy who's Am Staff is the Eukanuba Chamion. In fact, he's at a show now in Georgia, the last show of the year so he can stay in the TOP 10. He said my dog is awesome and I should go to shows with her, which I'm considering. I'm also considering going into weight pulling. That breeder also said she has an awesome tempermant, he worked with her a while and told me some great points.

I'm not going to listen to you people who say that she's not quality enough for breeding or showing. You don't know my dog, and you most likely don't know exactly what quakities to look for. I've done research on this breed for years. I know many people who show and many that breed.

So I think everyone needs to just calm down... :cool: chill out people, it's okay. I'm sorry I offended everyone here. It sounds as if most of you have shelter dogs(FOR THE RECORD... I DO TOO) and don't like breeders for obvious reasons. I'm willing to be open minded about your shelter dogs if everyone would just calm down and have an open mind about me breeding. After all, this is a pit bull forum....there will, or are, I'm sure many people who breed here looking for advice.

note: Anyone here reading and thinking about joining because you breed and wants advice from these people, I think you would get more advice at another forum.

This is an all around, general discussion about pit bulls, did you not think people would have breeding questions or want to breed their dog?

I have given breeding a lot of thought in the last year or so and have been looking for the perfect dog for a while in order to avoid this crap of being ridiculed....After all, MY SHELTER PIT BULL GOT ME TO REALLY, TRULY LOVE THE BREED.

Remember this as well. I am a veterinary technician. Most all pit bulls that come in are shelter dogs. Some are great...others we have to put to sleep because the dog was obviously abused and had aggression problems, possibly due to improper breeding. That owner is now traumatized about the breed and wants nothing to do with pitbulls again. If that doesn't say it gives them a bad reputation then I don't know what does.

You people are so closed minding about your shelter pit bull being great and awesome that you don't realize that some are not like that. All of us who have great shelter dogs are lucky. Now that's not to say properly bred pit bulls are all great either. But you can be sure that genetic default is ruled out. All the pit bulls that come into my work that are properly bred with generations of great dogs in their pedigree have been the sweetest dogs. Never had a problem with one of them. Even my boss who is a little skeptical when it comes to pits agrees with me. He's a veterinarian, he's been around a lot of pit bulls in his 30 year career.

So I think I'm going to look at the braud spectrum of things. I see about 10 pit bulls a day and to tell you the truth, I don't always like what I see coming out of the shelter pits.

JUST FOR THE RECORD, I HAVE A SHELTER PIT TOO, AND I LOVE HIM JUST AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY PAPERED DOG. I DON'T LOOK AT HIM ANY DIFFERENTLY.

Oh, by the way, the reason why I'm writing it all in here is because it won't let me post anywhere else.

AGREE TO DISAGREE :peace:

:bully:

Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:52 am

I forgot to add this, rest assured that I will have all necessary tests done to be ABSOLUTELY possitive she's worth breeding. Including hips, temperment, DNA, thyroid, etc....like I said, I work at a vet, I can easily do those tests without hesitation...people, just please trust I'm not just breeding any dog....I will have all that's necessary done. :thumbsup:

Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jp » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:53 am

I was never really into pit bulls until about a year ago

I've done research on this breed for years

?

Anyhow, there are people on here who breed and who own shelter dogs that have papers. Are you listening to anything anyone said?

If you look around and read the other sections on here you may realize, a lot of these people are cleaning up the messes Back Yard Breeders and scummy owners have caused. And currently, if you were to breed you would be a back yard breeder. Knowing the guy who's amstaff is the Eukanuba champion doesn't prove sh*t. sorry.

A lot of people on here do love the breed, so you claiming the reason people are disagreeing with you is due to them disliking the breed, you're nuts, plain and simple. lol

Bossy Pit Bull

Postby Bossy Pit Bull » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:53 am

And I still cannot figure out how to put pictures on....help please....

Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jp » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 am

alright you posted while I was typing. That's great you would do all the tests! :thumbsup: Are you going to get some titles on her aswell?

Return to “Introductions”