Hey Guys.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
jason kong

Hey Guys.

Postby jason kong » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:59 am

Hey, I'm Jason. Recently, I stumbled on a baby pit. So I've been reading up on the breed to become more acquainted. The boards have been so, so helpful.

First off, I'm a lifelong dog owner. Well, almost.. I'm 22 and I've had dogs since I was four. I've had a few pit mixes, but I just acquired what I believe is a full-blooded APBT, so I'm fairly versed in raising puppies and dogs. I think my little guy may be a bit of a challenge though.

I've been looking for a dog for the past few months, and on Tuesday, my roommate Tiffany called and said she found a pit bull puppy for sale in one of the local shopping areas here. Normally, I'd be skeptical about this, but she said the puppy was obviously neglected. So I figured we'd go ahead and take it and provide foster if needed, but we've ended up falling in love with the little guy.

Basically, a junkie was selling him on the street for $25. When we got him home, he could barely walk and was obviously malnourished, not to mention mange had caused him to chew off the hair on a part of his tail and right back paw. He was in such bad condition. I'm sure that the guy stole him directly from his litter. The vet guessed he was 6 weeks old.

We've him all fixed up now, though! Vaccinated and working on the mange issue.

Anyway, I guess that's a brief rundown on my acquisition of a pit bull. He's gained so much weight and such an attitude in the few days we've been taking care of him.

Today, I took him out for his first public walk. I carried him most of the way, but when he walked he was perfect. I also ran into a guy with a Razor's Edge pit when I was walking him. Beautiful freakin' dog. He said my little guy, named The Dude for future reference, looked full-blooded and had a nice, wide 'nugget', which I think means head.

I'll get some pictures up whenever I can. I don't have a camera, so it may be a while. He's basically light brown all over, with a pink nose with some smatterings of black/white around his muzzle. A friend said he was a 'doe skin.'

Sorry for the rambling. I've had a few drinks. I'd love to talk about the breed some more and maybe learn a few secrets though. My AIM name is in my profile.

- Jason, out.

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:45 am

Welcome to the board. Thanks for saving your dog. He's in good hands now!:thumbsup:

You will soon learn that anybody that comments on how big your dog's head is smoking crack. Also anyone that refers to any bloodline known to breed short and wide pit bulls as REAL APBTs isn't exactly knowledgeable and true to the conformation of the breed.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:33 am

Hi and Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new pup. I'm glad he found his way into a good home.

Marilyn

Postby Marilyn » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:33 am

Th crackhead might've stolen that puppy from a litter (it can happen more quickly than you think)--pay attention to the lost and found listings. Welcome, take a look around! There is a lot of good information here about raising and caring for puppies.

GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby GreddysAngel » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:38 am

Welcome :peace: Thanks for taking care of "The Dude" lol

Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:38 am

Welcome to the board!! Thank you so much for saving the little pup. Goodness only knows how long he would have lasted or where he would have ended up if you didn't take him in.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:46 pm

Welcome to the board. You should post some pics of Dude when you get a chance. :))

ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:51 pm

:welcome:

:crybaby: Poor little Dude!! Thanks for saving him!

:roll: "How big is his head?" questions deserve :fire: :look: :et: :stick and the ever popular :whip:

Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Postby Bustersmama » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:34 pm

:welcome:

Judy

Postby Judy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:38 pm

Welcome to the forum! I've had dogs for most of my life but the APBT was my challenge!

Like you, I joined forums and did some research on the breed. Taking my pup to puppy kindergarten and later on to obedience classes was the best thing for training and socialization.

Can't wait to see pics!

heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby heather » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Welcome. I am so happy you saved the little guy!!

Return to “Introductions”