Seeing more clearly

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
glorydaysphoto

Seeing more clearly

Postby glorydaysphoto » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:08 pm

Volunteering in New Orleans really opened my eyes to the plight of the pit bull breed. I had never been around that many pit bulls at one time. I have a sixth sense and have never been afraid of dogs. Well, at least not the big bully breeds. The little snappy dogs scare me sometimes.
I have lot of dogs at home. Having collected 7 over the last 12 years. Well, actually I have 8 now as I am fostering one temporarily. All except for Sailor were strays or dumped dogs. They all are house dogs and sleep on the bed except for Sailor (her arthritis doesn't allow her to get on the bed very often and even if she did, I doubt there'd be room.)
Now, only one of them is part pit bull. His name is Rizzo. He is lab/pit/chow I guess. You can see all their pics at www.dogster.com
Enter Bandera in the city search on the left side and all my dogs will show up. Sailor, Indy, Rizzo, Sting, Jersey, Bristol, Murphy (recent addition of only about a month--found at a construction site.)
The reason I am posting here is that while in New Orleans I fell in love with all (most) of the pit bulls. One in particular and I am searching for him. He was such a good boy. But dog agressive or I would've offered to foster him until finding his owners. He was crate trained and just the sweetest dog. I volunteered at the Winn Dixie triage center and spent a lot of time walking and bathing the pit bulls. Sadly many were battle-scarred and hand fearful. You reach out to pet them when you are walking them and they duck for fear of being hit.
I just wanted to say that I have learned a lot and hope to learn more about the breed. (Admittedly, before, I simply connected pit bulls to minorities and sadly, fighting.) Ok, Ok, I am learning.
I am fearful that myguy as I call him (the pit from Winn Dixie) may have ended up in Arkansas at that Tammy Hanson's place. anyway. I will post a pic of him as soon as I can.

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:27 pm

Thank you so much for your contribution to the animals in desperate need in after the hurricane. And thank you for being open minded and willing to learn, and willing to give these amazing dogs a chance.
As well, welcome to the forum! Hopefully you'll be able to track down your boy and see how he is doing! And definately waiting for pics!

Judy

Postby Judy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:12 pm

Welcome to the forum!

heatherb
Newborn Bully

Postby heatherb » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:24 pm

welcome to the forum!

BullyProud
Super Bully

Postby BullyProud » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:30 pm

Welcome to the board! Thank you for helping out the Katrina Pitties! I hope to see you around the forum!

TwistedAngel
Bully Ambassador

Postby TwistedAngel » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:38 am

Welcome thank you for helping those precious babies :headbang:

ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:00 am

:welcome:

Big welcome to you!! I just love all your Dogster and Catster pages (yes, I had to see the whole dang family lol and I think I'm in love with Sailor, so sorry age is catching up with her :sad: ). Thank you for taking them all in and giving them a loving home, and for your work with Katrina pets.

So glad to hear you have been touched by pitties. I was surprised to find my rescue pup was a pit-X, but love him all the more because of his wonderful pittie qualities :)

Entellechy
Newborn Bully

Postby Entellechy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:33 am

I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Sailor is beautiful. Nice to meet you.

Return to “Introductions”