Hi from PA

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
digital_pitbull

Hi from PA

Postby digital_pitbull » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:51 am

well, i always have a tendency of rambling when i write an introduction, so forgive me ahead of time for my book sized intro. my name is amy n i am located in a small town in central pennsylvania. i currently have a spoiled 7 month old female mixed pit pup named Bacardi (yes, its after the alcohol, hehe). she's mostly white with random tan spots n a red nose n she's only about 32lbs (she may not get much bigger because of her other small terrier mix). i hope to get pics up soon. i rescued her from a shelter known for taking in n caring for abused or neglected pit bulls. i always had the intentions of getting a pit bull despite what my friends, family, n neighbors thought about the breed. some people r just so stubborn no matter what u tell them :tongue: . any dog can bite, any dog can attack... bad owners make bad dogs, n i hope someday, just someday, the lovable pit bull terrier will not have such the bad reputation it has today.

anyway...! when i arrived at the shelter n saw this poor little pup it broke my heart. according to her background sheet on her cage, she was found sitting on the shelter steps one morning, with a rope tied around her neck way too tight, n the other around the doorknob of the front door. she was estimated to only b about 4 weeks old. she was so cold, skinny n dehydrated they didn't think she would make it for as young as she was.

amazingly, she pulled through, n even after being handled constantly from having to still b bottle fed when she arrived, she feared people. in her cage, she sat way in the back, in a little ball, with her ears so far back it didn't even look like she had any, n her head so low just enough to not touch the ground. when u would approach her cage, she would not purk up her ears as if she was interested, raise her head, wag her tail, nothin. she would just stare back at u with her big beautiful gold eyes. despite being so afraid, she would never fear bite. her tail would just go completely under between her legs when u picked her up. she was afraid of other animals too. even the kittens in the shelter. she would do the same n sit with her head low n not move until the animal would give up n walk away.

after learning everything about her, maybe i was a little blind on what i was getting myself into, but this poor little pup already started her second chance at only 10 weeks old when she was nursed back to health. so, i adopted her.

already having two very laid back cats n a very mellow 9 year old blind cocker spaniel, i knew i wouldn't have a better chance at getting her familar with other animals than this. as time passed, n letting her choose her own pace, she got used to me n my family in no time. she slept in my room, on my bed! she got used to that very quick, n would beat me to bed before i made it back the hall. my cats n my other dog, couldn't have been a better help. the cats r huge brats n don't think they should do anything for anybody, haha. they never made any intentions on introducing themselves to the new pet in the family, so Bacardi had the chance to set her own pace on how friendly she wanted to be. now, the cats will hide or jump to the highest point of the house in attempts to not b chased around the house n forced to play. our other dog was the same way, n although being blind, she knows whats going on, n being alpha female, she'll bark at Bacardi from time to time when she's done playing or that its time to behave. our cocker spaniel was the best mentor Bacardi could have, licking n comforting her, n also letting her know what was right n what was wrong, not afraid to nip her every once in a while, as her real mother would have done when she misbehaved.

Bacardi is now a 7 month old, spoiled n happy little puppy, who, at this moment, is lying on my bed, with her head on my pillow. she's no longer afraid of anything, n will sometimes act tough n will bark at a stranger or another dog, but intimidating is only what she trys to b, n she'll run away n try to get u to chase her n play when u approach her.

she is the biggest sweetheart ever n is good with kids of all ages, n now, even some of my neighbors, despite what they thought before, have changed their mind about the breed n now see what a loving family dog the pit bull can b. one family will even let their kids come over n play with this happy, energentic, bouncy little pup. n even though Bacardi changed only a few minds about the true kind reputation of the pit bull, sometimes a little goes a long way.

punish the deed, not the breed. :peace: peace n love. i'm out!

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:56 am

Welcome! Congrats on rescueing a great pup

JaysGirl

Postby JaysGirl » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:47 am

:welcome: Very nice story. Sounds like Bacardi has come a long way. Good for you for giving her a chance! I can't wait to see pic's of her!

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:44 am

That was definately a nice story!! glad you were able to give that pup another chance at life, at a good life!! And even better that you had 4-legged help (the dog).
welcome to the forum!

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:42 am

Welcome! Glad to see another PA person here!

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:03 am

Welcome to the Forum!

Entellechy
Newborn Bully

Postby Entellechy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:23 am

Nice story. Do you have any pictures?

ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:27 am

:welcome:

What a great intro!! I'm all weepy here, sitting her at my desk :crybaby: - How great that you rescued her, and gave her a real chance at being a happy, loved pup! :)

heatherb
Newborn Bully

Postby heatherb » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:20 pm

Welcome to the forum, Bacardi is so lucky to have soemone like you! Congrats!! Where in Central Pa are you located? I live near Harrisburg. Enjoy the forum

Purplesauerous

Postby Purplesauerous » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:51 pm

Hello from PA......... :))

heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby heather » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:11 pm

Welcome!! So glad that you rescued and so glad that you seem pretty educated. Nice to have you here--stick around!! :peace:

digital_pitbull

Postby digital_pitbull » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:28 am

many thanks for all the welcomes! :) i'm glad to b here n i hope to make some great fellow pitbull lover friends on the way. :tongue: i am always open to chat so anyone is welcome to send me a message on my AIM or Yahoo messangers. both my names on each r digitalpitbull. 8)

heatherb, i am about 30 minutes north of harrisburg in mifflintown, juniata county.

i took some new pics the other day but will post them later today when i have time.

c-ya'z!

FloydRodery
Adolescent Bully

Postby FloydRodery » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:47 pm

Welcome to the forum! I'm from PA as well, great to see another local member!

It looks like Heathers right outside of Harrisburg, I'm about 15 minutes from Harrisburg, and you don't seem to far off either. Hell, we could have a PA Pitbull outing! lol

Hope you enjoy your stay!

P.S. I'll warn you, the site is addicting! roflmao

digital_pitbull

Postby digital_pitbull » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:39 am

here's my little girl! :tongue: i had to find someplace to host the pics. i also just posted the link to the photo album instead of linking each photo here so i wouldn't fill up the page n it would load faster. enjoy! :))

http://usera.imagecave.com/digital_pitbull/

Return to “Introductions”